TDI in a series ?

Cornish Rattler

On 8/6/2022 at 10:02 PM, Cornish Rattler said:

Does it matter if the vacuum pump is blocked off or left open if not running a servo 

As I understand it, the vacuum pump is trying to pull air from the servo chamber and discharge it where? I think into the crankcase.

Thus if the pipe to the servo chamber is left open, the pump will do its best to pump all the air under the bonnet into the crankcase. While there is a limit as to what the pump can achieve, the crankcase could be 'pressurised', or at least have a larger than normal flow through it, possibly becoming visible by oil mist around any crankcase breathers.

Regards.

1 hour ago, David Sparkes said:

As I understand it, the vacuum pump is trying to pull air from the servo chamber and discharge it where? I think into the crankcase.

Thus if the pipe to the servo chamber is left open, the pump will do its best to pump all the air under the bonnet into the crankcase. While there is a limit as to what the pump can achieve, the crankcase could be 'pressurised', or at least have a larger than normal flow through it, possibly becoming visible by oil mist around any crankcase breathers.

Regards.

Cheer's i've blanked it off now but not tested it yet, will i notice anything when i do 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, Cornish Rattler said:

I've sealed it now but going to to Cornwall in it next month so i was going to give it a service anyway before i go.

You’ll be living up to your forum name then on that trip….😂😂

• Haha 1