Discovery 2 TD5 NOT STARTING

Mesigan

Hi Guys

I have an issue with my td5 and hoping you can provide some advice. This is my first td5 and recently purchased it. It started with a slight loss of power some time back and it worsened to misfiring, non starter, switching of completely while driving. 

Initially there was a crank sensor error and I replaced crank sensor but the problem continued and worsened. The vehicle would run fine for short period and distance but once reach optimum temperature the issue would persist and bring the van to a standstill. The MAF sensor, map sensor and injector harness all replaced as well as the pump. When the fuel pump was changed I noted alot of black soot on the pump housing. The van ran for a short while but is only cranking now.

Hawk eye and nanocom gives no errors.

Crank sensor wire

fuel pump

Kind regards 

Mesigan

When mine started to missfire when warm it turned out to be the injector loom. However, Nanocom did read a fault code.

What is the noise in the first clip like an air leak?

Can you check the fuel pressure by putting a gauge in place of the fule temp sender on the FPR. Should be 4 bar

Griff

Edited by bear
Aditional info

Thanks Bear. The first clip is when the key is position 2. I was told that is could perhaps be compression gases that is getting into the fuel fuel rail past the copper washes. The vehicle has been this way since I owned it abt a year now. Some owner say that their does the same but some say other wise. My mechanic did a test on pressure and it was above 4 bar.

Black soot on the fuel pump points to leaking injector washers, so I'd start with those. They are a known problem/ wear item on the TD5.

The injector harness can also cause both failure to start and loss of power when warming up. Have a look at the connectors and try some cleaner if there is any sign of oil.