NCRS Communications trailer...Wanted

Decky

I am looking to buy a NCRS communication trailer if anyone as one for sale or any idea where i might be able to buy one from please. Not to bothered if the old plessey radio equipment as been taken out.

Thank you

59dcefc4791c3_photo2(8).jpg.1f346e043b763381a04ccac3789b14e4.jpg

img-13.jpg

There is a fully (or near as) equipped one on ebay at the moment for a fearsome price. It's been on for a few months and they are a business, so they might take a sensible offer?

(There's been one or two stripped ones offered in the last few months too.)

VMARS would also be worth speaking to, via your favourite search engine.

Also read this thread, if you haven't already...

The last post contains an email address that might be worth contacting.

Thank you so much for all the information and replies, I really appreciate your help, I will check Milweb and Vmars. I saw the one on ebay but £10000 seems an awful lot to pay when they normally go between £1500-£2000. I am not even bothered if the plessey equipment that is usually installed in them as been taken out, I am a radio amateur and want one to use as a shack so i will be putting all my own radio equipment in it and valve amplifier to keep nice and warm during winter. I will pop back on this forum just incase anyone sees my post and might know where there is one forsale.

All the best and thank you.

9 hours ago, TSD said:

There is a fully (or near as) equipped one on ebay at the moment for a fearsome price. It's been on for a few months and they are a business, so they might take a sensible offer?

(There's been one or two stripped ones offered in the last few months too.)

Have the stripped ones offered in the last few months been on ebay or somewhere else.

Thank you

There was this one : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ex-army-communications-trailer-/255410053171 and I think another as well, but it didn't show in my search just now.

@miketomcat was considering a bare Parotow chassis as a project base, and I was pointing out that they were more or less universally hated when they were new, and probably haven't improved with age :rolleyes:

(The Skanti radios were very nice performers, but would be fiddly for amateur radio use I think, unless under PC control.)

Thank you TSD , You have been most helpful, I keep checking ebay and cannot believe i just missed the one that just sold, I check back in here most days and would you post the link if you see anymore for sale please. A friend of mine had a skanti radio in his shack last year and it sounded superb on air, Really nice clear punchy audio which is ideal for working DX long distance stations.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:59 PM, Decky said:

I am a radio amateur and want one to use as a shack

That's a great idea!  Handy for field days too, potentially.

73's G7DMQ

There's a guy on ebay selling Marconi isolator radar shelters (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265664724921) which are bigger, and more expensive.

But more importantly, in the ad text he says he has other, smaller Plessey and Marconi shelters. Got to be worth asking the question...

The Parotow design was apparently used for some towable airfield radar equipment before NCRS, though I don't know if that was just the chassis, or the full cabin structure, but it's possible there are very similar units lurking out there somewhere under a different name.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys thank you for all your help with the NCRS ex army comms trailer which up to now i had no luck, I managed to pick up a ex mod communications cabin that i believe would of been mounted on the back of a vehicle. Just wondering if anyone as any ideal what type it is or the name of it. My plan is to give it a lick of Army green paint to spruce it up. The guy selling it told me it is insulated and no leaks so it will make a great ham radio shack 👍

All the best and Thanks to everyone for the help and replies.

cabin.jpg

cabin 1.jpg

Edited by Decky
  • Like 2

Looking at the photos, I reckon it already tows like an NCRS trailer, but with wheels added, it will be better! ;)

There should be a MoD ident plate somewhere, with a NSN, part number, contract number, manufacturer etc. ? NSN is usually enough to get some vague, confusing and often contradictory clues.