Held up at gunpoint

GBMUD

Going back a few years, when there was an IRA bomb scare in Bimingham, I was travelling down from Brum through Wiltshire later that night, on a main unlit road about 11pm.

Nothing else in sight, nowhere near a town or village, no cars, totally unlit road and I was just relaxing, enjoying the night drive listening to music.

Then out of nowhere two army landrovers reversed at high speed out of bushes at the side of the road, blocked it off and everything lit up with spotlights

I had to slam my brakes on, and by the time I had stopped there were about ten soldiers surrounding my car with rifles pointed straight at me - no yellow bits on the end, and no fisher price magazines installed.

They were then closely followed by armed police who searched the car inside and out.

Had no problem with drowsiness for the rest of the journey.

Well I've had a loaded weapon pointed down the bus I was on.

Yep two of them stopped the bus. Got on.

One stood on the front step with his gun pointing down the bus.

The other checked our ID.

Funny thing. I was the only passenger that spoke to the guy checking the ID.

OH yes. I was in Ni on my way to the International Airport.

mike

Well I got chased by a Puma (helicopter, not a land rover :lol: )

Was driving down the road at about 50mph, when I was overtaken by the Puma, 50ft to my right and about level with me.

It landed about 200ft ahead of me in a field and 10 guys jumped out and swarmed onto the road, stopped me and searched the car. Didn't bother me too much, my girlfriend in the passenger seat was a bit unnerved.

Was in NI, so no lego magazines present in any of the guns :rolleyes:

That would have been an eagle VCP...!

I'm hearing you though.. got held up for real in Egypt (don't go there) on a trip last year to the Gilf Kebir. 16 armed to teeth Sudanese bandits turned up (in Egypt) from middle of nowhere and took our cars off us, mine being a rather nicely kitted 300TDi Disco... scariest 30mins of my life, even after two Op tours with Army..!

Here's the link: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/saha...warning-32826-2

we caused quite a stir out there when this kicked off!

Look at the pic If I managed to upload it, mines the right of middle pair!!!

O/T ;)

That would have been an eagle VCP...!

I'm hearing you though.. got held up for real in Egypt (don't go there) on a trip last year to the Gilf Kebir. 16 armed to teeth Sudanese bandits turned up (in Egypt) from middle of nowhere and took our cars off us, mine being a rather nicely kitted 300TDi Disco... scariest 30mins of my life, even after two Op tours with Army..!

Here's the link: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/saha...warning-32826-2

we caused quite a stir out there when this kicked off!

Look at the pic If I managed to upload it, mines the right of middle pair!!!

you get the disco back?

Just a quick one, The Yellow bit is a blank firing attachment not arrester - it's design restricts the right amount of gas escaping when a blank round is fired so as to drive the working parts rearwards to load the next round on an automatic weapon, It would not stop a live round but would if a live round is used cause the weapon to explode and injure the firer.

They are also not safe to point at people as if fired within 50m they can blind someone easily with particles of gunpowder within a few mtrs they will act as shot from a shotgun and cause serious damage like letting off a banger in someones face.

Sounds like poor orders given to training troops who should know who is playing bad guys etc and procedures to follow if civvies are in the area.

squaddies (horrible word)

No Mark ............ it is an excellent word and suits you admirably ....................... but i guess we could relax it a little and call you a military pikey, or simple servant, or lazy bas*****d.............we have to make you feel wanted :lol::P:lol:

That must be a cue for Tony to add some more insults ........................

:)

Ian

i've been bombed, strafed and had emergency supplies air dropped on me in the past few years...... :D

driving the lanes around yorkshire and the peaks is a dangerous thing you know - far too many jaguars, tornados amd helicopters tearing about looking for trouble. Actually i think its bloody brilliant being buzzed by a fast jet.

and a few years ago at glastonbury festival, all day thursday hercules transports used the festival site as an impromptu "refugee camp" and kept coming overhead with the ramp down doing dummy airdrops.

Guest diesel_jim
and a few years ago at glastonbury festival, all day thursday hercules transports used the festival site as an impromptu "refugee camp" and kept coming overhead with the ramp down doing dummy airdrops.

They should have chucked some soap and water down whilst they were at it :lol:

Guest WALFY
No Mark ............ it is an excellent word and suits you admirably ....................... but i guess we could relax it a little and call you a military pikey, or simple servant, or lazy bas*****d.............we have to make you feel wanted :lol::P:lol:

That must be a cue for Tony to add some more insults ........................

:)

Ian

Thanks. :P:P