Screw Removing Pliers

JeffR

WERA are definitely the best at the moment (look at their Koloss 1/2 inch ratchet, only ratchet i know of with built in hammer head!) but stripped screw heads are still a nightmare to deal with. over the years I've tried way too many wonder tools  for removing them. these pliers really do the job if access is ok

22 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

An entire 7 minute video about a tool and he never once shows how it works or what's different about it compared to regular pliers... :rtfm:

That encapsulates why I can never be enthusiastic about these amateur video makers.
To keep watching a lot of them reminds me of the phrase about needing to kiss a lot of frogs before finding a prince (or princess).

Perhaps we are being unfair, and should just refer back to the initial post by JeffR 🙂

Edited to say that, after more searching, there seem to be two sizes. This website from a Sheffield UK retailer appears to offer both, contains multiple images of both sizes, and a dimensioned drawing of one of them, showing the detail FF, and myself, apparently wanted.

Regards

2106520915_ScreenShot2022-08-31at16_34_37.png.ed06f08d935bbc9c568f78d22e0466d8[1].png

6 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

That encapsulates why I can never be enthusiastic about these amateur video makers.

That's a bit harsh. Mike's videos are beautifully 'amateurish' and capture, in real time, the many tasks and challenges that we face.

I ended up buying both the small set and the bigger ones, removing the nasty little screws on dash board heater plenum (have you seen the dust n stuff that builds up in there!) became a pleasure.  Now tempted by the mole grip version......

35 minutes ago, cackshifter said:

Before you do that just remember queue times and parking costs at A & E....

Already taken into consideration mate....Its kinda worrying when one is on first name terms with the A&E staff....Buggers are gonna start charging me rent soon

On 9/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, Stellaghost said:

Well that's mine landed through the letterbox this morning regards Stephen 

20220906_121815.thumb.jpg.0e88dbd79192e974e133293542628a8d.jpg

If you could post up some close up pictures of the jaws (side and end on) that would be interesting. Also a real opinion and description of your use would be valuable. 

I was in Mutley mode again today when trying to undo the screws holding the P clips for the wiring loom to the rear crossmember. I am not sure how good these would have been though as the screws were a pozi flanged pan head, so the edges were very thin and tight to the P clip - I even struggled getting the chisel under the edge!