12v to 24v step up converter

Mo Murphy

Does anyone know where I can find one capable of of putting out 5 amps at 24v for my beacon because I don't seem to be able to find one that does any more than 2.5 amps. :(

Cheers

Mo

Can you change the bulb in your beacon to a 12 volt one. This would be the better option.

HTH

Does anyone know where I can find one capable of of putting out 5 amps at 24v for my beacon because I don't seem to be able to find one that does any more than 2.5 amps. :(

Cheers

Mo

Some options.

Connect a pair of 2.5A ones in parallel to give you the 5A?

Replace the bulb with a 12v (this will draw most of the current) and use a small DC/DC converter to run the motor?

Buy one of these: http://www.krp-power.co.uk/

I picked one up on eBay a while back to run 24v pneumatic valves on a 12v source.

Si

Cheers

Mo

Could you not have bought a 12 volt one in the first place? ...or did it fall off the back roof of a lorry?

Chris

I bought mine from

Ablemail Electronics

Unit 17 Christie Street

Christie Street Industrial Estate

Stockport

SK1 4LR

Cheshire

Tel: 0161 480 6910

Fax: 0161 4808686

Their website seems to be down. I can't remember the amps but it runs a 24v compressor fridge and was about £30. They do smaller cheaper ones too. Most of the marine type places wanted about £80