SLRC Seven Sisters September 24/25

Escape

It's still up in the air as to whether I can make it...

Not started the new engine in Little Green Thing yet, got PAS and auto box cooler lines to fit up (arriving by the end of the week apparently.... and a shifter mount to make, plus a million things that probably need cable tying out of the way -so no pressure. God bless Her Majesty giving me another day next week to work on it... fingers crossed it will be enough.

Apologies for the lack of updates to my build thread, been hard at it, and on a self-imposed deadline there's little time to take photos and post, especially with school back and other responsibilities returning.

• Like 1

It's had a decent rebuild by a PO. Wiring etc could be better, but certainly a good example. I'm actually just a temporary keeper, I've put it on the road again for the last owner after about a year in storage with the intention to sell it on. I do like driving it, especially off road! So I'm in no hurry to sell and have already paid the bottom price with the agreement to split any profit. 

If next weekend turns out to be as much fun I might be tempted to keep it, but that will inevitably lead to all kinds of modifications. So I'm counting on some voices of reason to keep me on the straight and narrow, as this one should be kept stock and the Range Rover project finished instead. To be fair I have thought about upgrades like a winch, lockers, coil conversion, maybe a V8... Nothing that could end well! 😛

I have made sure the LED-bar can be removed without leaving a trace, it's using the existing mounts for the grill and I only needed to enlarge an existing hole in the dash to fit the switch. There was even a fused 12V feed ready behind the dash!

• Like 1

In case folks don't see e-mails/  facebooks etc.

We have a hog roast on site Saturday evening at £7.50 a head, and we'll be running the tea urn all day both days for donations to HAIOWAA - tea & coffee available, ideally bring a travel mug as the polystyrene cups are naff :lol:

Toilets on site as usual.

If you want food in the pub(s) it's worth calling ahead and booking as we had a bit of a faff last time with the Gwyn Arms stopping serving early.

• Like 1

This stuff, @FridgeFreezer, from the FB page? (I now have to burn my computer)

Ladies & Gents. It’s a week away from our Seven Sisters, so a few reminders and some house keeping for all.

Saturday;

Arrival from 0900

Safety briefing for all drivers at 0945hrs at Club Trailer (all passengers also welcome and encouraged)

Driving starts at 1000hrs following release by our Head Marshall.

At 4pm driving will cease, and for those not returning to a hotel/b&b etc, The Committee have organised a Hog Roast from 5pm. This is £7.50 a person, and cash only I’m afraid. If you have the correct change we will be forever grateful!

1900hrs - The night drive. This is when you will find the route that we’re “easy” earlier more technical and fun. Bring layers, it can get cold!

2200hrs, driving ceases once again. If you're going to get stuck and need recovery, please do it far before this, as the Committee and Marshall’s want to get some shut eye before tomorrow.

Sunday;

Arrival from 0900hrs

Safety briefing at 0945 at club trailer - please attend, it may be the same as Saturday, or other points may be added with hazards found etc.

1000hrs - Release by Head Marshall for 6 hours of off road fun.

Driving will cease at 1600hrs. Please once again get stuck and recovered way before this, we all have a long drive home, and need to pack down and secure the site before we leave.

A few final points;

Recovery points - very important to have these, and know where yours are. If in doubt, please come and find a Marshall.

CB Channel - Marshall’s will be on Channel 5 all weekend if assistance is required

Winching - as a club, we now operate with Winch Rope only. No wire I’m afraid. This is for the safety of all involved. Please use a winch blanket aswell, just for added safety. If you are unsure, call a Marshall for assistance. Don’t be a hero.

Seat Belts - these must be worn at all times when your vehicle is in motion. No excuses.

But finally, we really look forward to welcoming Members and Visitors alike to a great weekend off off-road fun. Have a safe journey, see you next weekend!

2 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Appears I have until tomorrow at midnight to book, perhaps I will get a chance to actually drive it tonight.

If you can't get to 7S, then you could drop up to 4x4 Days on Saturday - it's at the Aldwick Estate on Saturday. Great little site

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

If you can't get to 7S, then you could drop up to 4x4 Days on Saturday - it's at the Aldwick Estate on Saturday. Great little site

Yup, on my radar as it happens, but if it drives, will try for 7S -two hours of motorway is a test drive, right? :D 

• Like 3