Nato hitch ?

Cornish Rattler

53 minutes ago, David Sparkes said:

Yes I do, and NO it doesn't. You need an external adaptor plate which comes with stand-off legs (tubes) so the nuts for the NATO hitch can be accessed. Try 245599.

245599-500x348.JPG

Nowadays, preferred use includes a securing point, or points, for safety chains.

Regards.

Ok cheer's i will look into that 👍

3 hours ago, pete3000 said:

You can pick up the wolf plates for the safety chains for cheap on the bay, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303328882760

These make good spreader plates with some suitably rated bolts and double half nuts (for locking up)

Is that plate not just for a defender though as the series ones have 8 holes 🙂

6 hours ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Hi guys

Does anyone know if a NATO hitch bolts straight onto a CIVVY 88" rear X member please.

You’d need to drill 2 holes for the nato hook. As the crossmember won’t have them. It will then fit. But you’ll need a spreader plate at the back. And really one on the front, as the crossmember can easily be deformed. Lots of different ways of achieving this. 

Will you be towing? On my 88 I fitted a drop plate and then have a nato on one slider and a regular hitch on another. Also allows you to adjust the height. 

2 hours ago, Chicken Drumstick said:

You’d need to drill 2 holes for the nato hook. As the crossmember won’t have them. It will then fit. But you’ll need a spreader plate at the back. And really one on the front, as the crossmember can easily be deformed. Lots of different ways of achieving this. 

Will you be towing? On my 88 I fitted a drop plate and then have a nato on one slider and a regular hitch on another. Also allows you to adjust the height. 

Yes i have a 109 drop plate but i had forgoten about the drop plate being on so yeah that would work 👍