Reproduction Prototype Land Rover

western

Eh? £500 for that complete shell as shown? Sort of a pseudo kit car then?

There is a fair amount of wartime Willys MB & Ford GPW Jeep stuff about, not surprising considering the numbers that were manufactured [not counting the postwar WOF / Hotchkiss M201's that look virtually identical and had a high proportion of interchangeable parts]  so it would not be impossible to acquire a frame etc. There are plenty of repro parts available too, in fact WW2 Jeeps are some of the easiest 'classics' to keep on the road. Complete vehicles in good order have reached eye watering prices in the last ten to fifteen years though.

My 1943 MB will be staying intact thanks.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 7:55 PM, miketomcat said:

I love the fact you have to cut up a rare ww2 jeep to fit this body on. Perhaps one for @Daan.

Mike

Would work ok with a Mahindra chassis. You can actually buy new chassis frames (around £1500), but axles you need to find somewhere else. Trouble is, the price of anything that has been in WW2 is sky-high, and even Hotchkiss etc, are not cheap these days.

The last SWB mahindra I saw on ebay went for £5k, and that was a project.