Les Henson - RIP

V8 Freak

Chris (GBMud) had just messaged me to say Les had died.

I'd like to send my best wishes to everyone that knew him.

Ironically, he would have hated a thread like this, it not being Technical or about Land Rovers 😉

However, I view the forum as a group of friends who happen to like Land Rovers & Technical stuff.  So, when one of US dies, I think it deserves mention!

RIP Les.

• Like 3

Such sad news, RIP to the great man.

He was, inadvertently, the reason why I stumbled across this great forum. I did a google search for information on how to transplant a 200Tdi into a 90/Defender. His guide in the Technical Archive is what I found and it proved to be an excellent resource. 

Mark

• Like 1

Being relatively new to land rover work, I can say the contributions by Les and those that post how-to's and help is invaluable to people like me. Without them my ownership would not be possible.

It really is a sad day when someone so helpful passes as so many of us owe them so much.

RIP Les, and thanks for all your help. 

My condolences to your family and friends. 

Edited by Mossberg
  • Like 1

RIP Les (The good looking one)

A true gentleman, who would go out of his way to help anyone and a stickler for the tech Forum, and whose write ups have helped so many and will indeed continue to be part of his legacy here for years to come.

Our condolences to his family and friends. 

• Like 1

I’ve only just seen this sad news because my iPad was away having a new screen fitted.

Very sad news- Les was a helpful and knowledgeable guy. I used his services a few times; firstly he fitted a new rear cross member to my first 110, he also sorted the leak from the main oil seal where a garage had tried and failed.

RIP Les, I will raise a glass in your memory.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a message via Facebook from David Tardivel, Les's brother in law, to say that Les is being cremated on Tuesday at 10.00 at Kingsdown crematorium in Swindon. He asked me to pass that on for anybody who might want to attend.

RIP Les.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1