110 fuel sender retaining ring fitting tool

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a supplier of the tool to fit the fuel sender/pick up retaining ring (110 type) - a quick look on ebay shows a few adjustable versions that look pretty weak.

Anyone got one? If so, how do you find it to use? They do need clearance for the pick up outlet fitting.

thanks

Steve 

I've just spoken to PABlanchard and that part no. is for a 2 prong retainer ring. 

It looks like V L Churchchill special tools are in process of building a website, nothing listed for LR vehicles yet.

Your pic's show it to be as simple as I'd imagined so I'll make one. Thanks Ralph.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hello fella, going to send some photos of what I made ro do my tank sender, but before I do I'm going to apologise for my fabrication skills but this worked and worked well to be honest. It was one of those when you needed the tool and needed it now and not wait 3 days for delivery. I had a load of this pipe kicking around the yard and it fits perfectly over the ring for the sender, I know you'll have to wait this time but I can send you a bit of this pipe and you could make one yourself if you like

20221226_082718.jpg

20221226_082707.jpg

20221226_082700.jpg

• Like 1