Hi, I'm a new member

Francis

Him ?

HIM ?

Are you sure ?

I thought LRs were all female, hence the "You B*tch" when they play up ?, .............which is er often ?

Anyways welcome

V8s some had restrictors in the carbsm also some had the dreaded pulsair recirculation system which is even worse, see if you have pipes 2x one each side on the heads just above the plugs, if you have then its a pulsair system, which you can strip off and gain a HUGE amount of performance - let us know

Nige :)

Welcome Francis....

Sounds like a bargain as others have said.... But now you are on that journey of eternal expenditure, upgrades, must haves and endless hours of "tinkering"

Loads of people in here will show you how to spend thousands on the car so beware... :)

post-2726-1169927635_thumb.jpg

That's my engine. It has two rubber hoses looping back. Are those the things that come off to improve hp? I also have to look at the carbs, I read somewhere else that they restricted the power, no, I tell a lie, a friend told me that.

No, those hoses are important, leave them there. The restricters, if fitted, will be between the carbs and the manifold. You have to remove each carb to see them and they will look like a washer restricting the diameter of the inlet. You just chuck them away and refit the carbs. You may be able to see them if you remover the air inlet pipes from the carbs, lift the venturi slider, have a friend hold the throttle open and peer down the throttle bodies with torch. Good luck!

Chris