Ignition barrel/switch/lock.

Stambecco

Is anyone able to provide the part number for the above? Vehicle, Defender 200Tdi 1990 (H). (RHD) It looks like it's QRF100880. It has had multiple part numbers which have been superseded. It could also be LR077439.

Paddock says defender 200tdi but others say from 1991, others say something different again.

Thanks very much.

you need the steering lock assembly then, that's NTC7855 up to VIN LA932973, ClamP NRC7422, 2 x SHEAR BOLTS 51K4001L, Washer x 2 WB108051L,Key blank AAU8276,  all on page 711 of 110 parts book 1987 onwards, there is a copy on Retroanaconda's website.

you can just replace the electrical switch part, without removing the steering lock, there is a small screw that keeps the switch in place,  its a fiddly job but can be done.

I have just removed one from my 300TDi as I have moved to later size keys. I have the whole steering lock with ignition switch, (no clamp), two keys and three barrels (all working). I still have to remove two of the barrels from the doors.

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2023 at 10:56 AM, Retroanaconda said:

If you fit the later type you get the much nicer keys, and can have them match the door locks too. 

Hi,  I have a 1985 90, (pre-Defender).  From the factory it was fitted with the 2.5TD engine, but at some point over the last 38 years this was changed to a 200tdi.   Starting the engine has become intermittent, this was helped by wiggling the ignition key, but that no longer works. I suspect I need a new ignition switch and steering lock assembly.  I don't know if the car has the original 1985 steering lock, or if it was changed to a later 200tdi type one, I expect not.  Anyway, whilst I'm about it I'd like to fit new door lock barrels so the same key opens the doors and starts the engine.  My front doors have the 'series' type lift up handles.  Will a the later type of steering lock 'Retroanaconda' referred to, fit my Landy, and will the matching door lock barrels fit my doors?  Ideally I'd like to be able to open the rear door with the same key.  If it's possible I'll need to track down the required part numbers.   Thanks!