disco axles

there is much talk about the use of disco rear axle for rear discs etc.

If I were to do this and use the disco front axle as well - is there anything I need to be aware of? (I note from craddocks website that it looks like the radius arms are different part numbers for disco and defender on the front - so one assumes they are different.. any thing else i should consider?

there is much talk about the use of disco rear axle for rear discs etc.

If I were to do this and use the disco front axle as well - is there anything I need to be aware of? (I note from craddocks website that it looks like the radius arms are different part numbers for disco and defender on the front - so one assumes they are different.. any thing else i should consider?

hasn't anybody done this?

Not heard of any (significant) difference in the front radius arms! The rears on Discos (and 90s) changed a couple of times depending on age (from thin to thicker) but they are all interchangable AFAIK. There is no reason to change the front if you change the rear unless you need a new casing. Rememeber disco front brakes need a 2 pipe circuit so you would need to stay with 90 calipers at the front anyway (or change the master cylender and pipework!).

Not heard of any (significant) difference in the front radius arms! The rears on Discos (and 90s) changed a couple of times depending on age (from thin to thicker) but they are all interchangable AFAIK. There is no reason to change the front if you change the rear unless you need a new casing. Rememeber disco front brakes need a 2 pipe circuit so you would need to stay with 90 calipers at the front anyway (or change the master cylender and pipework!).

ok - i have a front and rear disco axle and i was going to put them on my new 90 chassis so i could continue using my 90 up until the mot runs out (!). This answers my question - calipers are an issue !

Thanks

ok - i have a front and rear disco axle and i was going to put them on my new 90 chassis so i could continue using my 90 up until the mot runs out (!). This answers my question - calipers are an issue !

Thanks

or use the disco calipers and put a T piece in between copper pipe at chassis and the rubber one down to caliper, that way there is no changng pipework about

its only early discos that have twin-line brakes. guess which type mark & myself have? the 300s & i think a few late 200s have single line calipers.

as far as i know the defender calipers bolt right on & offer larger pads for increased braking - at least 110 ones do, ive been told.

its only early discos that have twin-line brakes. guess which type mark & myself have? the 300s & i think a few late 200s have single line calipers.

as far as i know the defender calipers bolt right on & offer larger pads for increased braking - at least 110 ones do, ive been told.

i wil go and see - cheers guys