Ezi-Awn Parts Supplier

Apparently, when enjoying a few "cool ones" under the awning after a few hours work on the truck in the desert sun, one should stake it down, one never knows when a sandstorm blows up and makes a big kite out of it :o

Any ideas how to get parts for an ezi-awn awning? I tried emailing two different distributors to no avail.

Thanks,

Tracy

Yes that's what we did. They wouldn't entertain us though. Just refered us to Cymot. However the price for the bits was less than half of what we would have had to pay over here.

I might add that now we peg the base bit down AND have guy ropes from the top pegged as well.

mike FOAK

Knickers

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!!

Apparently, when enjoying a few "cool ones" under the awning after a few hours work on the truck in the desert sun, one should stake it down, one never knows when a sandstorm blows up and makes a big kite out of it :o

Any ideas how to get parts for an ezi-awn awning? I tried emailing two different distributors to no avail.

Thanks,

Tracy

Ryan Trutch of 'MotorSport Torx in Dubai is bringing Exi-Awn stuff over from S.A on a regular basis. Perhaps you could try to contact him and include your parts in his next shipment.

Can you say which parts you need?

My rooftent had alot of plastic brackets and pipe conectors which are prone to UV exposure and eventually get brittle. I took them to one of the local fabricators here in Ajman and they made them all from Aluminium! Much stronger than plastic.

Streaky.

AJMAN.

UAE.

Again thanks Streaky,

It's mostly the small joints/swivels that were damaged/twisted, I will head out to Mussaffah and see what i can pick up, there are quite a few aluminum suppliers out there, part of the fun is getting the the language barrier! So it will be a project for next week, after I get the body off the frame.

Cheers and thanks,

Tracy

If all else fails, they are about 10kms from where I live....

Thanks again Jim,

Received an email from Eezi-awn with a diagram so I'll figure it all out on the weekend and send them a list of what I need!

Might be able to get it included in the shipping with Ryan in Dubai, will see how it all works out!

Great pictures posted in the Africa Middle east, the Hippo shot is cute, how close were you able to get for the photo?

Cheers,

T