Newbe

Johnmc7

Hi guys just got myself a freelander 1 hse td4 for a second vehicle to go to work , this is my 3rd one and it has been a while since I owned one and and the first td4 version. 

The first was a petrol 18 k series and the rover diesel version and looking forward to getting some tips on some of the little problems that can come up in my ownership 

1 hour ago, jeremy996 said:

Welcome, lets hope your td4 lives up to the reputation of being the "less hassle" one.

Let's hope so I bought it of a friend who has also owned a few and has another one 🤔 and thanks for the welcome 

There's a lot of threads on here about common problems / what to look for when buying, worth a read back.

With TD4 just check all the hoses including the little boost control ones, blank the EGR and replace the PCV filter with a BMW one. Mine went to 265k before I got rid of it.

5 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

There's a lot of threads on here about common problems / what to look for when buying, worth a read back.

With TD4 just check all the hoses including the little boost control ones, blank the EGR and replace the PCV filter with a BMW one. Mine went to 265k before I got rid of it.

Brilliant I am having a look through it and I do have them items to replace 

Thanks for the information 👍