Interesting Hybrid

Corrode Finger

The geezer who built the car (thats being polite) brought it down to Slindon a few months ago and to his credit did manage to drive it around the site. Have to say looks no better in the flesh than on camera. :D

The geezer who built the car (thats being polite) brought it down to Slindon a few months ago and to his credit did manage to drive it around the site. Have to say looks no better in the flesh than on camera. :D

There was another chap who came to Slindon who had a rover 45 (may be 75?) body on a RR chassis - and it looked pretty good. The one above is just plonked on top, but the Rover was all cut in so the body was no higher than it needed to be to clear the wheels.

I was quite impressed. Not for me though.

Si

There was another chap who came to Slindon who had a rover 45 (may be 75?) body on a RR chassis - and it looked pretty good. The one above is just plonked on top, but the Rover was all cut in so the body was no higher than it needed to be to clear the wheels.

I was quite impressed. Not for me though.

Si

quite, i'm not averse to a rebodied range rover (i've a couple of possible donors in mind..) but this and the yank one both appear to be the resut of an accident in a scaffolding factory.

quite, i'm not averse to a rebodied range rover (i've a couple of possible donors in mind..) but this and the yank one both appear to be the resut of an accident in a scaffolding factory.

Yes, i have to agree, but it does show other possible 'donors' with the 100" wheelbase, but not done like these two!

Atleast with that much room under the sierra you could service it without lifting the bonnet!

There was an interesting mint green Jag XJ bodied RR built for desert racing that was in the mags a few years ago and it looked very good. I think the differance is the amount of time and effort put into the build as well as the spanner waving ability of the builder :ph34r: