HOw do I tell if I have a 11J engine or ...

pigster

I ahve being ringing around turbo companies, because my one has bitten the dust. And I am being asked question of whats the engine etc etc.. so I say 200 tdi... the motor is defender swb, and its J plate 92,

but they come back with... whats the engine number... and 11J is an example.. or is it 19j

so ,. .out to you clever people...

my manual says squat, and so does my part book - assuming I am reading it properly.

so what is my engine number?

going by further investigation I reckon its an 11L engine... as everything I have found on the web says it is.

so what the blazes was this person on about.. who knows....

but if you know what he may of been saying please tell me. as I buy one tomorrow... GULP... expensive.

I ahve being ringing around turbo companies, because my one has bitten the dust. And I am being asked question of whats the engine etc etc.. so I say 200 tdi... the motor is defender swb, and its J plate 92,

but they come back with... whats the engine number... and 11J is an example.. or is it 19j

so ,. .out to you clever people...

my manual says squat, and so does my part book - assuming I am reading it properly.

so what is my engine number?

19 J is the 2.5 TD (ie the original turbo diesel as fitted to the pre-defender 90/110

You should have an 11L - ie, Defender-spec 200Tdi. The engine number will be on the block, drivers side near to the injector pump. The first three characters will tell you - ie, 11L, 23L etc etc.

Matt

cheers....

oooops.. feel a little silly now... thanks guys...

got the turbo part number too whilst out there... - took the manifold off for this mind you

its a Garret 465171-1 if anyone else wished to know what there turbo part number is..

Wot Matt said ^^^^^^^^^^^^ 11L all Defender type 200TDi are.