Replacement seats

I suspect someone will have tried this before...

I've just been offered an MG ZT (Rover 75) V6 as an MOT failure for free. The seats are possibly the most comfortable I have ever sat in, and they're mint.

Any idea if they'll bolt in the Landy without needing a stupid amount of additional work? Because if they will...I'll do that!

And does anyone want the rest of a 2003 MG ZT V6 saloon?

Wait till you see what my next project is.  My Golf has finally expired, snuffed it, shuffled off its mortal coil etc, actually my MOT man suggested I'd be lucky to get home alive in it....Anyway, it has a pair of heated leather recaros that, with a faeces load of frame modifications, will be taking up residence in the Defender.....

i had recaros from our old roveer 800 vitesse in
i took the leather seats out of our old scooby when it was scrapped but not sure they'll fit due to the truck cab -a hard top would be fine
my v8 has ford ka racing type seats in

20230628_161729.jpg

Edited by ped
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Phill S said:

Erm - how are you going to get into the battery box? I'm hoping you have a solution I can use!

Good question. Right now I have no idea, I just want to know if I can make the darn things fit at all without having to do a ridiculous amount of additional work. Because my main priority is getting the engine and gearboxes swapped and back on the road before anything else...

On 7/21/2023 at 5:27 PM, Junglie said:

I suspect someone will have tried this before...

I've just been offered an MG ZT (Rover 75) V6 as an MOT failure for free. The seats are possibly the most comfortable I have ever sat in, and they're mint.

Any idea if they'll bolt in the Landy without needing a stupid amount of additional work? Because if they will...I'll do that!

And does anyone want the rest of a 2003 MG ZT V6 saloon?

What did it fail on? Could be interested.

i usd to take the passenger seat out as well to get into the battery box
when i drilled the new runner holes i fitted the original captive plates so it was a couple of mins work to undo them