replacing vac pump on a 300 tdi

whilst checking for leaks on the 300tdi i'm fitting to my work 110 i've discovered the vac pump has a dribble  running down from it and over 3 days a 50p stain on the floor(i was hoping to not have any oil leaks for at least a few months)
now everywhere says they're a carp design and i've seen posts on fitting a electric vac pump from a volvo or jag  which seems staight forward if wired into the brake lights but is it better to fit a vac switch and if so does anyone have a link to one that will work in the right range (on at 19 off at 22 from what i have read)

I have looked at doing this - I think it might be wise to use a reservoir of some kind and 2 switches, one to control the pump, and one set for less vacuum to switch a warning light, then if the pump fails you have some warning of loss of assistance.

• Like 1

i was talking with my old man and we have a pump and switch in the work shop as he's fitting it to his tvr as like the drag cars his set up has very little manifold vacuum
i don't think a seperate reservoir tank would be needed as from more reading many just splice into the brake switch output,this i'm not sure i'd do rather having the inline vacuum switch
at the end of the day it's not race car thogh but a slow plodding work horse