Chassis Makers

smo

88" s3 chassis from main dealer (via Bearmach) is £2400 inc Vat

88" s3 chassis with no rear x-member from Richards chassis (primed only) £646 inc VAT

88" s3 chassis with no rear x-member from Designa chassis (etch primed only) £780 inc VAT.

Have to contact the Land Rover Orphanage this week for a price for the same

Les. :)

designa used 3mm plate 1mm thicker than richards (2mm) all side rails are gussited inside and tubed where all holes are re-enforcing inside rails where spring hangers are welded. and rest of chassis is fullywelded, not many people realise that there is only designa that use 3mm plate for almost everything on the chassis,

if you want very strong and well made chassis then phone design chassis again, they make and alter evey asspect of chassis to suit what ever you want,how long you want, what ever engine you want,

i do know they have just done a one off 88" coil altered down to 80" wheel base,power steering and fitted in a v8 that he wanted with a 5 sp gearbox instead of the std 4 sp,

designa used 3mm plate 1mm thicker than richards (2mm) all side rails are gussited inside and tubed where all holes are re-enforcing inside rails where spring hangers are welded. and rest of chassis is fullywelded, not many people realise that there is only designa that use 3mm plate for almost everything on the chassis,

if you want very strong and well made chassis then phone design chassis again, they make and alter evey asspect of chassis to suit what ever you want,how long you want, what ever engine you want,

i do know they have just done a one off 88" coil altered down to 80" wheel base,power steering and fitted in a v8 that he wanted with a 5 sp gearbox instead of the std 4 sp,

Do you work for them?

I was going to ask that - all of your posts are praising them, so it 'smells' like it to me.

Les.

i've done a lot of projects with a lot of different people, i use designas workshop quite a bit, i work on off-road beasts to drag cars, all sorts of projects,

right now i'm putting together a 130" for designa..

i made designa a set of jigs for producing range rover chassis (who else makes range rovers stuff)

but just for the record i've altered a few chasis from richards, a couple have has a slight twist which i've taken out..

marslands make really good chassis if you were wondering what i thort of them..

all i'm saying is i know exactly how what goes into making chassis from a jig and that designas chassis are well made...