Trip Out In Somerset Or Wales?

JST

Anyone fancy some greenlaning in around Somerset? primarliy Exmoor i was thinking over the month of Aug from the 17th onwards. have suddenly found myself with some unexpected holiday and not alot planneda great deal.

i was thinking either day trip or couple of days with camping if needed weekdays.

failing that how about a trip to wales for Sarn Helen etc etc.

out of interest has anyone recently driven the dolygear route?

yep weekdays

whens good for you guys

exmoor, 30/31 or 1st Sep?? i would be more than happy to do more than one day although we would need to find a campsite.

what are you driving and what sort of lanes are you after? i am presuming scratches arent going to be an issue.

tim,

would be good to have you along youa re more than welcome, i doubt it will be anything too extreme though.

so 31 or 1st it is can you make one of those MOO5 and BOS?

any other takers?

It's a bit early for me to say yet, since I started back at work after my headache, my shifts have been VERY :( unpredictable, but at moment of those two days the Thursday (1st) seems the best bet.

Looks like I will be unable to get the time off as well, budgeting timetable was confirmed yesterday and I'll be imitating a blue a*rs*d fly for several weeks :angry:

Would be OK for weekends if we can arrange something later on.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim - you still up for it?

Bos - any news yet?

Time can you drum up any more local support as 3 vehicles would make a better day of it.

ScottyDo is going to Co-drive with me for part of the day, so will need to factor in collecting him at some point.

Have a route sorted which starts near Trebles Holford and moves across to finish near Dulverton. Although we can do it the other way around if you would rather - your Wellington way aren't you?

Sorry James,

I have just seen next weeks roster and I was expecting to be working nights next Thusday but have now been given afternoons, so I am going to have to drop out :( , hopefully see you next time.

definately, you are more than welcome.

3 vehicles is perfect.

Tim, hedley(hope the siling was good) the Bash certainly was

we could meet in Bishops Lydeard on the thur am, what time would suit? choose one of: 0800, 0900, 1000, 1100. or on the half hour. i am easy although not before 0600 would be my preferance...!!!!!!!