Oil filter on a perkins

twizzle

There is a kit avaliable that repositions the oil filter on the Rover V8. I guess it depends upon the thread size used for your current filter but that option might work.

Only other thing would be to find a friendly motor factor and see if you can flick thru their Fram/Cooper/or the like catalogue and find a filter that fits but is shorter.

HTH

There is a kit avaliable that repositions the oil filter on the Rover V8. I guess it depends upon the thread size used for your current filter but that option might work.

Only other thing would be to find a friendly motor factor and see if you can flick thru their Fram/Cooper/or the like catalogue and find a filter that fits but is shorter.

HTH

Agree.

Had to fit a shorter filter to my Ford V8 as it was too close to the chasis.

Was very easy to do in the end. Need the same thread - that's all.

Unless, how much interference is there?

Gareth

Does the diff actually hit the filter or are you just taking precautions? The diff gets very close to the filter on my Prima powered S2a but never hits it, if you have more flex than a 39year old car on standard multi-leafs it could be an issue though :lol:

Lewis :)

I had one of those in a Series IIa. The filter was move backwards(?) a few inches by using a block of steel with oilways drilled in it.

Picture the holes on the block where the filter unit bolts on, this pattern is duplicated along the adaptor, with the oil holes joined together with longitudinal holes drilled in the block, plugged at the end where the drill went in of course!

The holes that connect the oilways to the engine block are drilled from one side of the adaptor into the oilways, the holes drilled at the other end to feed oil to the filter are drilled from the opposite side of the adaptor.

Hope this makes sense!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez - you're a glutton for punishment! :o

A friend set about fitting a 4326 to a SIIa 109 and gave up when he had to start cutting the chassis to provide clearance.

A 4203 is hard enough on your gearbox, a 4326 (or bigger) would be more trouble than it's worth. (Although I used to love setting car alarms off in my 4326 powered RRC :P )

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez - you're a glutton for punishment! :o

A friend set about fitting a 4326 to a SIIa 109 and gave up when he had to start cutting the chassis to provide clearance.

A 4203 is hard enough on your gearbox, a 4326 (or bigger) would be more trouble than it's worth. (Although I used to love setting car alarms off in my 4326 powered RRC :P )

:( im only asking :unsure:

Done the chassis cutting its all fitted