What thread is salisbury diff pan bolt 607173?

Looks like some talented person has managed to cross-thread a couple on mine in the course of fitting a stupid diff guard :angry:

I'm guessing 3/8" UNC judging by the look of it but all mine are a bit crusty so getting a good measurement is tricky.

1 hour ago, Eightpot said:

Yes my mistake, they are unf, which is the same as the diff studs. 

Prop bolts are definitely 3/8" UNF and the diff cover pan bolts are definitely NOT UNF... at least the ones that came out of mine aren't!

On 4/2/2024 at 10:18 AM, FridgeFreezer said:

Prop bolts are definitely 3/8" UNF and the diff cover pan bolts are definitely NOT UNF... at least the ones that came out of mine aren't!

If it stops raining I'll pull one out my Case and mesure it up.

I've no idea what thread they are off the top of my head but I have two axles sat in the yard, if it turns out that they are some obscure thread and you've got to order 100 to gain two let me know and I'll send a few on

12 hours ago, Eightpot said:

I had a diff pan bolt on the bench today and an m10 nut ran up it perfectly

Hmmm, makes me wonder if the threads are M10 but the bolts someone's wound in there are not :mellow: either that or it's been done so ham-fistedly that it's very hard to ID crusty cross-threaded bits :rolleyes: