D3 v D1

Stephen337

Just driven past a prang on the M25J17 between a D1 and a D3.

It looked like the D3 had gone into the back of the D1 (it might have been a D2, I was zooming past on the other side trying to not add to the rubbernecker jam by hitting the breaks as I look right!)

The D1 had a slightly twisted rear bumper but it didnt look too bad, it might buff out :ph34r: . However the D3 was mashed, it looked like it had gone under the rear of the D1 and the full force had been taken on the radiator. The bumper looked intact, however the engine was now a good foot or so shorter and the bonnet was A shaped!

Looked like the two chaps were swapping amusing LR anecdotes by the side of the road.

I think the D1 won!

I drive a D3 for work. I was unfortunate to be involved in what could have been a nasty incident.

As part of my job I had put a total closure on the motorway, IE cones, arrows, and lights accross the 3 lanes, and signals for 2 miles saying the motorway was closed.

Unfortunately one bright Ford driver didn't spot the closure, and drove straight through the cones and arrows, and hit the back of the D3 at around 60 mph.

The Ford was trashed, the engine block had split in half and the car was unrecognisable from the front.

The D3 was drivable, although the tow bar and exhaust were bent under the vehicle, and the bumper and tailgate were badly bent.

Fortunately I was not stood next to the D3, as I had been 2 mins prior, and the Ford driver got out in one piece and was fine.

Driving into the back of a Disco is not a wise move, it seems the chassis (?) Towbar (?) pushes the offending car underneath.

I drive a D3 for work. I was unfortunate to be involved in what could have been a nasty incident.

As part of my job I had put a total closure on the motorway, IE cones, arrows, and lights accross the 3 lanes, and signals for 2 miles saying the motorway was closed.

Unfortunately one bright Ford driver didn't spot the closure, and drove straight through the cones and arrows, and hit the back of the D3 at around 60 mph.

The Ford was trashed, the engine block had split in half and the car was unrecognisable from the front.

The D3 was drivable, although the tow bar and exhaust were bent under the vehicle, and the bumper and tailgate were badly bent.

Fortunately I was not stood next to the D3, as I had been 2 mins prior, and the Ford driver got out in one piece and was fine.

Driving into the back of a Disco is not a wise move, it seems the chassis (?) Towbar (?) pushes the offending car underneath.

Slightly off-topic (sorry).

Fi, you weren't on the M6Toll on Saturday about 1.30 were you??

Saab stuck in the outside lane, you fending off behind the M6Toll lorry.

had a toymota corroda drive under the back of my D1 a few months ago. he needed a bonnet/wings/grill/lights/rad maybe. i think some mud fell off the disco. then after i drove off his car & pulled to the side he drove off right away so i got to report him for a hit & run as well. not heard anything back yet though.

Guest dew110CSW

Slightly off topic but on the subject of driving under.

Is it just me or do these:

Mitsubishi-L200-Warrior.jpg

Just screams to me that you're going to end up popping back out the front underneath, seems a bad bit of design to me. Ok it may help protect the L200 but it's a bit unfair to the old grannie in the Micra who ends up with Warrior stamped across her seats!