K&N Air Filter

Virgin 4x4

I think you'll find the general consensus is no. They have a mixed reputation for keeping the grit/dust out of your engine which is just the sort of stuff a 4x4 is more likely to be exposed too.

MMM

I find they make a huge improvement

I have done 100k in freelanders with K&N filters in and raced with ITG and never had ingestion problems

you do need to clean them much every service if not sooner

I find ITG are better then K&N

• 2 weeks later...
MMM

I find they make a huge improvement

I have done 100k in freelanders with K&N filters in and raced with ITG and never had ingestion problems

you do need to clean them much every service if not sooner

I find ITG are better then K&N

I run with a K&N sort of filter in the 90 and it really is good but change it for a Gen paper one when going outback. Have been told, that they don't handle dust as well as the paper ones

I've been so impressed with ITG that i have now become an ITG dealer!

They do a fantastic alternative air filter system for petrol freelander, that really makes a big difference.

http://www.itgairfilters.com/maxogensystem...axogen&ID=9

I run them in both my freelanders td4 racer and a 1.8 racer.(if you want any marketing photo's let me know as I was given all the Td4 one and still have boxes of them..)

My Disco also has one but in a road car you still need to claen them and don't forget about them like I did in my td5 and ended up with a lump of tar <_< where my filter should be which took agaes to clean.

Having said the my LSE could do with one