Are my thoughts right

1 hour ago, ThreePointFive said:

I probably missed it but if you're swapping the engine, why spend time on this one?

That sounds harsh, isn't meant to. Genuinely interested in your plans. 

I get what your saying, however, winter is coming and Sid will be better off running, hopefully with an mot, it would be nice to take the 200 out knowing it's running fine, wether for sale or for use at a later date

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

I get what your saying, however, winter is coming and Sid will be better off running, hopefully with an mot, it would be nice to take the 200 out knowing it's running fine, wether for sale or for use at a later date

Regards Stephen

Makes perfect sense, I thought the V8 was more imminent than that so I can see why you want to keep it running until the last minute.

2 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

Makes perfect sense, I thought the V8 was more imminent than that so I can see why you want to keep it running until the last minute.

Anything to do with electrickery is never imminent for me.........

Regards Stephen

Classic valve stem seals on a 200. Smoke probably more obvious on the overrun. Grind the valves at the same time as throwing a set in

Just been out in the Disco, reminded as to just how much fun a well set up 200 is

56 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

Classic valve stem seals on a 200. Smoke probably more obvious on the overrun. Grind the valves at the same time as throwing a set in

Just been out in the Disco, reminded as to just how much fun a well set up 200 is

Valves definitely getting ground along with a head skim

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Has the head been outside for a while? Lot of rust on the value seat inserts.

Yes it has, it's the head that has slight cracks between the inlet and exhaust valves,which im going to have a shot at welding up

Regards Stephen 

• Like 2

Just now, Stellaghost said:

Yes it has, it's the head that has slight cracks between the inlet and exhaust valves,which im going to have a shot at welding up

Regards Stephen 

Having seen this done, the usual route seems to be to remove the seats, weld it up and then re-cut the space for the seats and insert new ones, and then cut to depth.

Or are you just going to drill it out and blast it with AC TIG and hope?

Just now, Bowie69 said:

Having seen this done, the usual route seems to be to remove the seats, weld it up and then re-cut the space for the seats and insert new ones, and then cut to depth.

Or are you just going to drill it out and blast it with AC TIG and hope?

I was originally thinking of the latter 

Regards Stephen 

6 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Surely you didn't expect me to buy one..........lol

Regards Stephen 

No, my mind immediately went to dropping it off at and engine rebuilders for a quick skim for ~£40.

But then you are Stephen.

• Like 1