Anyone had experience with Twinwood 4x4?

Snagger

Hi all.  

Twinwood are supposed to be collecting my 109 to recommission it for use in a fortnight or so, but are not replying to my attempts to confirm a date.  They are no longer replying to WhatsApp messages and never answer the phone.  It could be that he is just that busy, or he may have some of life’s bigger priorities to deal with.  Anyone got any experience with them?

9 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

No experience, but on that basis alone I wouldn't let them take possession of my vehicle. 

That would be a concern, but I will be spending the day with them to look at the starting problem, so they won’t be locking the vehicle away from me.  That said, if the job went overnight and they didn’t turn up the next day…

7 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Same thoughts here. 

Roughly where abouts in the country is the 109 @Snagger?

Bedford.  I used to put it through Rogers for any tasks I didn’t have time or tools for, but they are so,I’d,y booked until mid October.

1 hour ago, Snagger said:

That would be a concern, but I will be spending the day with them to look at the starting problem, so they won’t be locking the vehicle away from me.  That said, if the job went overnight and they didn’t turn up the next day…

Ah ok, that changes the risk. Are they taking payment up front or on completion? 

Even so, it doesn't bode well for customer service or comeback if something went wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Having seen the companies house record I wouldn't go anywhere near them: 

TWINWOODS 4X4 LTD filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Two threats of compulsory insolvency, very recent change of premises, and accounts late frequently.

It does make for interesting reading.  It looks like a change of owner last month, along with office address, so it may have been the outgoing person causing the trouble.  I’d be very wary of leaving the car there unsupervised, though.

H did call me back this morning after I left a deadline for contact.  He is a one-man outfit and may be swamped trying to sort the business out as well as deal with jobs.  He seemed decent on the phone, so I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt since I’ll be present anyway, but that was a valuable read, besides, I’ll be waiting over a month for Roger’s to do it, and the owner seemed pretty disinterested when I dropped in to ask.  They seem to be a shadow of their former selves, though I know the authorities have been giving them the runaround over planning permission to replace the now collapsing wooden workshops.

@Snagger Anyone had experience with Twinwood 4x4?

As you know, they were not far from where I used to work, we MOT'd most of the local 4x4s and we'd never heard of them.

The only reason I was aware of them is I happened to see "Twinwoods 4X4" on the side of a Land Rover going through the village and Googled them out of curiosity.

They certainly didn't publicise themselves in the area.

Pity I'm retired now, because I'd have happily booked you in with us to take a look at the 109, I doubt they'd be interested in that sort of work now I'm gone though.

Also Rodgers are sadly not what they once were.

• Like 1