Another new Alberta member

johnyt

I want to say howdy to every-one here!

I'm an owner of a 1979 SIII LHD British Army Surplus 109 from either Wainwright or Suffield. I have owned it since 1995 and only done fairly minor work to it. It has a truck cab and a Fairey overdrive. It's a 2.25L gas engine. The fit and finnish are more on the rustic than the polished side.

It is always good to find another source of information, parts, and experience to draw from. Please feel free to reply and say hi!

Johnyt

Hi John, glad you found us and good to have another NA member. Welcome to LR4x4 :D

Your 109 sounds much fitter than mine and gives me some incentive to get it back on the road (prob cheaper to run than the Disco anyway).

With 10+ years of ownership you'll have clocked up quite a bit of valuable experience.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
To waspfarmer and tpb

How much did you pay for them and where did you purchase them from

I'm looking for a project :D

$4500CDN. There's a guy here in Calgary I know through a friend who buys them from the Brits at CFB Suffield. I bought it from him. He has another one for sale in the $10k range.