Interior lights

Green200tdi

Hello all,

sons d2 

am I right in thinking the interior lights are constant live?

battery … fuse box …. Light, x3

and the on/off is done by doors/BCU ect?

as have No power to them at all

checked the 3 fuses I read about online 

F15…….20amp

F16…….15amp

F20…….15 amp         iirc 😂

Edited by Green200tdi

1 hour ago, Green200tdi said:

Hello all,

sons d2 

am I right in thinking the interior lights are constant live?

battery … fuse box …. Light, x3

and the on/off is done by doors/BCU ect?

as have No power to them at all

checked the 3 fuses I read about online 

F15…….20amp

F16…….15amp

F20…….15 amp         iirc 😂

Also what does this box do? 

678A8B89-89C8-4ACB-B326-D1DBCEAB5A3B.jpeg

Normally interior lights are permanent live and switched earth. All the door switches just connect to the body hence they only have one wire.

Assuming the black box is on the interior lights circuit purple and white cable from memory, it's probably a timer, triggered by the door switch it'll keep a connection to earth once the doors shut for x number of seconds then disconnect thus turning the lights off.

Mike

They work in the same way as a Defender's which uses the 10AS unit. That monitors the door switches and controls the 0V side of the lights. In that way they can be controlled when the doors are closed (like when the alarm is set/unset and the lights go off/on).

Just now, Peaklander said:

They work in the same way as a Defender's which uses the 10AS unit. That monitors the door switches and controls the 0V side of the lights. In that way they can be controled when the doors are closed (like when the alarm is set/unset and the lights go off/on.

Apart from a D2 doesn't use a 10AS the alarm and interior lights are integrated into the Body Control Unit (BCU) - [black box under in passenger foot-well] and the Intelligent Driver Module (IDM) - [integrated fuse-box under steering wheel] - they work together.

So this morning we managed to get the lights working ( never worked sinse some brough car)🙄

see pics 

by adding a constant live to the left terminal of front front light which livened up all 3 interior lights 

but still don’t seem to work on doors or fob 

but will read posts 

so we have a broken live wire I guess somewhere along the line? 

34B649A0-E16B-4397-8F67-D942B29E3BAD.jpeg

E8B4150F-0405-4587-9797-33EE13DEBF77.jpeg

B4B5C17B-7749-4795-A936-6AECF1B2E0DC.jpeg

All you’re doing with that piece of wire is what the interior light fittings switch providing an earth connection that the BCU which looks after and also  the light illumination delays and the interface with the central locking.

You will find a “box” above the headliner that is the fob receiver, as already been mentioned.

You may also find another “box which is a radio signal amplifier connected to the o/s side window antenna.

• Like 1