Seats For Challenge Vehicle

steffUK

Hi Guys,

QT produces a light kevlar based seat for hill rallies. I'm in contact with Dave to get a similar light seat but more tailored towards challenge events. This means: light, easy to clean and a low waistline to get in and out of the vehicle more easily. Something like their pro safari seat.

As they have to do a new mould to manufacture the seat it only make sense if they have more than me being interested :rolleyes:

If somebody else fancies such a seat could you please give them a shout or e-mail sales@qtservices.co.uk

thanks

stefan

An alternative would be to contact Motordrive in Manchester. They' re a competition seat maker who'll make you a made-to measure seat however you want. Can personally recommend them. They supply just about all of the off-road race guys in the north of England and for the record, the seats in the Bowler Wildcat.

http://www.motordrive.com/

Kev

Thanks Kev,

Any idea on their price range? QT quotes £90 on the kevlar seat plus a share on the mould which would be divided by the number of seats produced. The mould is £400. So if we get seats for 5 cars = 10 seats its £130 a seat.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know what happened about these seats? Steff? Ive seen some QT seats in a challenge truck on the three peaks and they looked good as they were thin and could be pushed a fair way back in a truck cab but no sign of seats of any type on the QT web site!

Does anyone know what happened about these seats? Steff? Ive seen some QT seats in a challenge truck on the three peaks and they looked good as they were thin and could be pushed a fair way back in a truck cab but no sign of seats of any type on the QT web site!

I was thinking the same thing. Didn't QT do a direct replacement challenge seat for the defender, like Steve said no sign of them on the web site.

I use the same seats as Stefan (qt)

I love them, my co driver hates them with a passion i can not begin to describe, or at least he does until i put the hammer down then he loves them again :lol:

No such thing as the perfect seat for what we do Steve, just compromise :P

Jim

Ps: Standard seats take alot of beating until they get wet of course :ph34r:

I love them, my co driver hates them with a passion i can not begin to describe, or at least he does until i put the hammer down then he loves them again :lol:

Jim

Co driver! What does it mater what they think!!! They should just be happy we take them along!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

the std seat is great untill you start bouncing around or get hung up at a funny angle for ages. I like the look of these coz I run my seat right back against the back of the truck cab bulkhead and most buckets are just too thisk in the back and would loose a lot of room!

Forgot to say if you do buy these seats..........

DO NOT BUY THERE QUICK RELEASE MOUNT, THEY WEIGH MORE THAN THE QE2 :lol:

Make your own from Alli, very easy for a bloke like you and you can make them easily removeable.

Jim

Forgot to say if you do buy these seats..........

DO NOT BUY THERE QUICK RELEASE MOUNT, THEY WEIGH MORE THAN THE QE2 :lol:

Make your own from Alli, very easy for a bloke like you and you can make them easily removeable.

Jim

They would have to be easily removable or atleast hingable because behind the seat is the only place I have to stash coats, Sandwich's and emergency beer!

Guest diesel_jim

What about the ones that the military have fitted to the wolf WMIK's? think they're exmoor trim (i just looked on their site and it's not listed, but you could ring them).

they're a kind of open mesh type thing. hose-able.

What about the ones that the military have fitted to the wolf WMIK's? think they're exmoor trim (i just looked on their site and it's not listed, but you could ring them).

I thought these looked interesting too but I've never seen anyone selling them.

Are the inserts fixed to the seat in any way on the QT ones?

Showing my ingorance.........But i have never seen these, but sound worth a look.

@Hendrik: I am hopeless with pics, but i will try to a grown up to take some for me ;)

Probabley be next week. I'll mail them to you.

Jim :)

Guest WALFY

I remember speakng to James (JST) about some things at work. And he said that they had a truck in with these seats. Sort of like a hammock type seat from what I gather. But they weren't for sale to the public. Tied up with a nice contract to the MOD. I think.

Mill Services - before Richard had to give it up because of ill health - had some very, very light weight plastic seats which looked like blow molded polyethylene. They were remarkably comfortable - the plastic itself being squidgy enough to provide cushoning but the strength derriving from the shape.

Never seen any since - but I wish I'd bought some then! They had fairly low sides and were obviously impervious to water.

Si

The military mesh seats are being sold into the MOD by Ricardo Engineering- They had them on their stand at DSEI (defence show) a couple of years ago. I very much doubt they were being manufactured by them though. I also expect that if you could manage to persuade them to sell you a pair they would be expensive.

Co driver! What does it mater what they think!!! They should just be happy we take them along!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha

Might just as well not have a seat on my side for all the use it gets at an average event! If you could get one of those in-built massage cushions for yourself and wire it to a remote I could get your attention when you aren't concentrating on the job in hand :lol: :lol: (or failing that an electric dog collar :ph34r: :ph34r:)

Ha ha ha

Might just as well not have a seat on my side for all the use it gets at an average event! If you could get one of those in-built massage cushions for yourself and wire it to a remote I could get your attention when you aren't concentrating on the job in hand :lol: :lol: (or failing that an electric dog collar :ph34r: :ph34r:)

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Well I only have a short concentration span, If you didn't take so long to do everything I wouldn't get distracted! :lol: :lol:

Jim

Your not wrong there :angry: Good for the driver, but f**king horrible for the co-driver!!! I may have to swing in one day and put my boot through the side panel :P;)

Electric Dog collar................... like the sound of that :lol::lol:

Have those QT seat in my mates racer thay are very comfy and supportive, much more comfy than they look. Mind you that is strapped in tight, not sure how comfy they'd be if you're bouncing around in a standard seatbelt. The sides mean they are not the easiest to get in or out of in a lifted challenge truck - but there should be no need for the driver to get out or the co-driver to get in :)