Bleeding TD

Pudock

My TD is running poorly at idle just now which I think is air in the fuel. It started doing this after I changed the oil and filters (inc fuel filter).

Throughout the rest of the rev range it runs and drives normally, just not at idle. It judders and sounds as if its about to stall and sometimes does.

I've tried bleeding it in the normal way at the filter, at the pump and also at the injector unions. I get fuel with no air bubbles from all but it still runs "lumpy"

Is there anything else I can try that I've missed?

When you changed the fuel filter, did you remember to remove the old small O ring that sits in the top of the fuel filter ? I didn't realise I had one when I changed my fuel filter so ended up with a "spare O ring. :rolleyes: Consequently the new filter didn't seal properly.

Ivan

i thought TDs self bled at the injectors anyway?

what engine speed is she idling at? maybe the idle was knocked etc when removing the fuel filter, try turning it up abit.

Bingo! It was the idle screw. It's now running as normal.

Thanks