OT videos

siggy

For some stupid reason Videos that can be viewed in outside NA cannot be viewed in NA. Why you would want to make a system that would be universal who knows....that would be far too easy. So if you bought a video tape from england odds are it won't work on you Northamerican machine. It it's on a dvd you can get the translations software to view on you computer.

LONG LIVE STUPIDITY!!!!

cheers Bill

You need NTFS for north america and PALS formats for UK...I think.

Video players here in Sweden are now sold as dual players, playing both formats. Solved many problems with the kids films :) (big comfy couch).....

Bill,

can't a person buy a video player in CDN, that plays both formats? As for DVD players, we can buy them region free now :o

Todd.

Video players here in Sweden are now sold as dual players, playing both formats. Solved many problems with the kids films :) (big comfy couch).....

Bill,

can't a person buy a video player in CDN, that plays both formats? As for DVD players, we can buy them region free now :o

Todd.

You can get a video cassette recorder that plays both formats now but you will pay about $600 cdn as opposed to $200. The dual ones aren't that popular here as good old US of A has control of our market....not to mention over 4 billion dollars of softwood money they won't give back.... ;-)

cheers,Bill

Bummer wanted to send a Thomas the tank Engine video to a Canadian nephew

we also have dual play machines both PAL and NTSC? have had them for years

America the world leaders--watch out here they come quickly from behind

please tell me they do they still use 8tracks???

Bummer wanted to send a Thomas the tank Engine video to a Canadian nephew

we also have dual play machines both PAL and NTSC? have had them for years

America the world leaders--watch out here they come quickly from behind

please tell me they do they still use 8tracks???

You may still be able to send the tapes. If you check with Amozon.com you maybe able to order the tape already in the proper format. The more popular shows are available in both and even i've heard of Thomas the Tank Engine. Mind you....when I tried to get the "Dalesman's Diaries" we had to settle with what we were given and have it translated.

As for 8 tracks..ahhaahhah. My kid brother drives tractor trailer from southern Ontario down into the eastern states during the week. The only way to visit with him was to take a road tour for a few days and then you have captive audience. After driving with him for a few hours I equired as to why he didn't use his CB radio when he was driving through the states. His reply was simple. He looked at me with a disgusted face, said nothing and then turned the unit on. After about 15 minutes of listening to people opening their mouths to prove they were idiots, racist carp, etc I ask him to shut it off. There were few words exchanged between us on the subject. 8 tracks.....hahahhahhahahhahha

cheers,Bill