Buying Defender for £3K

If your planning to make some mods to your chosen vehicle, wheels/ tyres/winch/whatever

it some times is a cheaper option to buy one alresdy prepared

my 300 def had all the mods i would have done if i had bought a base vehicle,but was cheaper than buying the parts/mods and fitting them.

i spent about £400 on transmission and engine parts and got a landy with about £2k of bits on it. :D

Any progress with your search for a Defender for £3K Landybear?

My brother has finally decided to buy a Defender & seems to have set himself a £3K budget as well. So far I have been out to see:

(1) a low mileage turbo diesel with a shot bulkhead, and non functioning power steering,

(2) a 200 TDI 110 hardtop "no expense spared" (according to the advert) 110 with deep puddles in each footwell and perforated bulkhead, :unsure:

(3) 200 TDI 90 pickup that was converted into a hardtop - newish rear crosmember, rest of chassis good, bulkhead in good nick, but blowing an oilslick down the engine from the oil filler cap, :angry:

(4) 110 pickup with Ifor Williams cover, unknown non original diesel engine, jumps out of reverse and needs a bit of welding in the footwell. Not bad for the price, but as as my brother's final choice of vehicle will see a lot of use on forest tracks and low speed manouvering between trees I persuaded him that power steering was a good idea!! :lol:

The search continues....

spend a fortune on my 90 n/a ! engine rebuild injectors etc can get 75 mph much better mpg , not the fastest 90 around but its reliable gets me off road & is used everyday ! do you really need a td or 200 if your spending most of your time off road ?