ODD 200tdi turbo with water cooling?

selectcase

I will post some pics tomorrow when its light but basically I have a discovery 200tdi turbo & manifold as well as the normal 2 oil feed holes on the turbine body there are to water pipe inlet and outlet holes, the water pipes connected to a modified heater pipe over the inlet manifold and a junction on the thermostst

I didnt realise it was any differant until i bought another 200tdi engine and compared the turbos - they look identical in every other way exept the turbine body/housing does not have the cooling fins. the casting numbers on the aluminium inlet side are also identical

any ideas?

Pictures below

t1.JPG

t2.JPG

t3.JPG

t4.JPG

t5.JPG

t6.JPG

t7.JPG

t8.JPG

t9.JPG

t10.JPG

t11.JPG

t12.JPG

I will post some pics tomorrow when its light but basically I have a discovery 200tdi turbo & manifold as well as the normal 2 oil feed holes on the turbine body there are to water pipe inlet and outlet holes, the water pipes connected to a modified heater pipe over the inlet manifold and a junction on the thermostst

I didnt realise it was any differant until i bought another 200tdi engine and compared the turbos - they look identical in every other way exept the turbine body/housing does not have the cooling fins. the casting numbers on the aluminium inlet side are also identical

any ideas?

I know this is an option on hybrid turbo's sold by allards.

Andy

any ideas?

Do you feel any difference? Sounds like I wish I found that on mine.

A hybrid turbo! That could make sense as it had samco sport hoses and new braded oil feed pipes etc

i will deffo check in the morning as i really want a good standard turbo a tuned hybrid jobbo might be a bit too much for my s2a 88 :)

I could find a home for it if it is unwanted :rolleyes: I have a good spare turbo for part exchange aswell :)

I have 1 of those turbos, but I need 2 new banjo fittings for the coolant side of life so I can get it fitted. Does anyone know of where to get them from. Looked in a few nut and bolt shops but no joy.

Ralph- Is there any banjo bolts within the LR parts system that would be up to the job?

JST/Tony C Is there anywhere local to you that sells that sort of stuff?

Ralph- Is there any banjo bolts within the LR parts system that would be up to the job?

/quote]

banjo bolts on Defender :D

200Tdi

ERR1125 injection pump fuel inlet

ERR886 injection pump

STC3297 injectior pipes/injectors

ERR1200 6mm spill pipe on injectors

hth :D

Ralph

Knowing the size of the threads on my turbo I'd confidently say that they are all to small. Will give Allards a call to see what they have to say.

Many thanks for looking up the numbers though.

Spoke to Alan Allard today about the turbo, can't tell from the outside if it is a hybrid or not, the serial number might indicate but not certain, however if it has a water cooled centre and braided oil pipe etc it seems unlikely that someone would have gone to this much trouble for a standard turbo. Apparently they machine the back of the compressor housing a little to make it a little bigger and use a larger compressor wheel, at least that's as I understood it , I assume they use a better bearing also.

Andy