4x4Adventures Winch Challenge

JST

Lardy - whislt attemtping to recover Sean, who had;for some reason uknown to anyone but Sean; parked in the lake, I was the victim of a totaly unprovoked attack by a large Hazel (Corylus avellana sp.). Said Hazel was carefully camouflaged and almost invisvible to the naked eye. During the attack, the rear door was somewhat bent out of shape and the rear window smashed. Needless to say the proximity of a small child prevented me from describing my feelings in the basest terms.

As for entering one of Mr T's events, I am definately 'up for it' and would thank Mr Challis for the kind offer of the loan of his series 3 to compete in and his generous sugestion that he 'Bitch' for me. Thanks to the impending move from Hobbit Towers and the added fun of an additional Hobbit mouth to feed in late June I will not to be able to completely trash Paul's motor until this Autumn.

As a pre-pennance I will attempt to marshal for Trembath Enterprises Inc at all his events this year - obviously allowing for the fact that Mrs Hobbit is insistant that I be present at the birth of the new Hobbit AND she feels I should also be involved with helping to move house (obviously I will programme both events around any T.E.inc dates)

Mmm...brings back memories at Burnworthy IIRC,

Lets do this punch first says the Hobbit with confidence, myself and Bish go for it with some reluctance, few hours and one big hole in the Mach 5 later.....we get out,

with the help of the Series Eh Paul ;), my old EP9 and the 8274

DSCN1133.JPG

Hobbits do get stuck in though :)

Oh and dirt Devils suck :hysterical:

Didn't you shred a belt as well Les? And Bish lost his fans (again) and boiled the V8. That was a good day. Both vehicle b*gg*red by 10.30 with and about 5 punches between us. We did a lot better the first time around.

That was back when Bish was full length and running those crappy Good Year MT's and I was a lot younger!

Mmm...brings back memories at Burnworthy IIRC,

Lets do this punch first says the Hobbit with confidence, myself and Bish go for it with some reluctance, few hours and one big hole in the Mach 5 later.....we get out,

with the help of the Series Eh Paul ;), my old EP9 and the 8274

Hobbits do get stuck in though :)

Oh and dirt Devils suck :hysterical:

Ah yes the one i said would be the hardest punch on the site so Mr hobbit decided to try it before it got cut up.

OK ………… time for an update……..

The water entered the engine due to a hole in the timing case, just above the crankshaft, caused by a small stone ………..

The good news is that the engine seems to run OK now that I have flushed it out and a replacement timing case has been sourced locally for very few pennies……….

Total carnage ……..

Crank Damper inner pulley (PAS) …….. destroyed by splitting in the V for ¾ of the circumference.

Crank Damper Outer pulley (W/Pump) ………. Bent, so it runs about 15mm out of true.

Timing Case ……….. holed by a stone or other debris

Rad Fans …………. Both still work, but are U/S due to grit in the motors.

Oil Cooler ……….. U/S due to damaged union.

The old dizzy is also full of silt & water

I think it is interesting that whilst all this was going on, the VR sensor (on the crank damper) continued to function perfectly and indeed still does ………. I am rather pleased that I constructed an HFH style mounting for it (4mm) !

I guess its also pleasing to note that an EDIS / megasquirst equipped V8 will run submerged and will restart with the coils half submerged.

Damn, these armchair drivers can be dangerous if let out into the real world…………… :ph34r::lol::ph34r:

:)

Ian

Just getting around to working out video's on cam & YouTube sorry not very good but your get the jist of Tim & Dave trying to work out how to get Ian out this was prior to all Dave's problems