Free shower

C.J.

Took the kids to school in the beast this morning. As I moved off their were howls of derision in the back.

Turned 'round just in time to see them getting drenched by a torrent, and I mean a torrent, of water pouring out of the roof headlining control panel for the electric roof. :o

My son casually mentioned that I hadn't closed it properly from the night before. He did so swiftly, but the water continued cascading down.

I then noticed to my horror, water pouring out of the bottom of the n/s inner A post plastic cover, and I mean pouring. :o

This all eventually turned to a drip after 5 minutes.

I've left sunroofs on previous cars opened slightly in the past with overnight rain, but never seen anything like this.

Is this normal? :blink:

Is this normal? :blink:

I wouldn't know - I've never left a sunroof open in rain :P

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

Yet! :lol:

Sorry can't help - would have thought that the rain would just come in.. I guess for it to get under the roof lining it must be tracking under the lip and along the underside of the roof until it gets clear of it's gutter. Possibly just unfortunate in parking angle (to the vertical)? Never heard of this from anyone else :(

Rog

Been there in the past in the D1.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT

use any form of electrical heater like a hairdryer or similar to dry the headlining.

It has been known to ignite.

Close all windows and turn up car heating to full capacity and dry it that way or naturally.

give the kids a recyclable rainhat (carrier bag) & tell them to shut it. problem sorted :ph34r:

It was actually quite funny.Well for me watching them trying to avoid the 'waterfall' it was. :lol:

Was very much like that bit in Top Gear last week with JC and the in car shower installation. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Took my discovery for a new exhaust last summer and the idiot on the four poster ramp jacked it into the RSJ roof beam straight across the alpine windows but just behind the rear sunroof, here started my saga.

I was 5 weeks with a Nissan X-trail courtesy car before I got mine back (the body shop had a knackered beyond repair roof delivered from landrover to start with) but did I have a surpise, the built in shower.

I hadn't noticed the position of the handle for the rear sun roof - whipped handle off turned it 90 degrees and cranked it up to the park position, all fine now.

Check both your sunroofs, if one is slightly cracked open it's a problem. In mine the shower was always mine, right over the dash at the corner and also dripping from the rear view mirror.

346ouhz.jpg

Ooops!

3yz0ol1.jpg

Straight across!

2ekkygy.jpg

My new roof, saved me having to wash the old one!

For larger pics:

http://i17.tinypic.com/2wqu5i9.jpg

http://i15.tinypic.com/48q84sy.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/2efnxhf.jpg