Gone and done it now !

Les Brock

Les,

I know i was not a very good winch baitch at Tony's birthday bash and you broke a couple of expensive light lenses and bent a drag arm on the hybrid, but i didn't expect you to take it so badly. It must have been that scary drive home that has warped your mind. Tell me you are staying with the oil burners and not converting to that expensive high octaine stuff i think they call petrol.

Nigel

Oh no! Man, you've put so much effort into that car I thought you'd keep it for life.

Are you quitting the sport in frustration or getting a replacement? There are some good 90's around at the mo quite cheapish - for example, I just bought myself a 90 with Isuzu 2.8TD, all new suspension and a fresh year's MOT for £1,550! And it's rock-solid underneath.

Don't lose motivation... get a replacement.

Well, yes its true,

Why......errrr.....Knee's :blink:

Heredatary knee problem, means that its acctually getting painfull to drive, I have no probs in the van or Disco, only the lack of being able to strech the legs out out in the Hybrid, clutch leg is the worst.

Answer is an autobox I hear you say....errr 88 inch and lack of length (not a problem I usually suffer from

:lol::P ) would mean a rear prop of about 6 inches :lol:

So I'm stripping the axles out of the Hybrid to keep for the new project, and the guys using a cr@p set to get it rolling.

So what is the new project....err...yet to be decided, poss a bobtail or poss nothing for a while I'll have to see !

This is of course provided the guy comes up with the cash and everythings staying in one piece untill he does.. ......or I change my mind :rolleyes:

and YES I'm a old Git. :ph34r:

[thread hijack] simon, what year is your 90, which gearbox,etc, any details of the way the Isuzu donk is put into it would be appreciated? I've a similar motor in mind for my project vehicle, some time off yet but never too early to start dreaming ( opps sorry, planning :) ) Any chance of some piccies, I'll start a knew thread if you can.[/thread hijack] :D:D

Thanks guys, Cheers, Steve.

[thread hijack] simon, what year is your 90, which gearbox,etc, any details of the way the Isuzu donk is put into it would be appreciated? I've a similar motor in mind for my project vehicle, some time off yet but never too early to start dreaming ( opps sorry, planning :) ) Any chance of some piccies, I'll start a knew thread if you can.[/thread hijack] :D:D

Thanks guys, Cheers, Steve.

Oi Steve....!!!

Quit with the hyjacking...... :lol:

PM RobHybrid, he fitted one to his and knows all the bits required and ways round every thing.

HTH

Could you remove the bulkhead and fit either one of those replacement bulkhead bars that someone was selling, or make up your own? You could then move the seat backwards to get a bit more leg room.

If you haven't got room for an autobox as well, you could try fitting a remote servo to the clutch which would make the existing system much lighter.

Remote servos were fitted to allsorts of old cars. I used one from a hillman hunter on the single circuit brakes of a 1959 seriesII Landy I had years ago. It worked very well.

Just thinking out loud,

Regards,

Diff

Could you remove the bulkhead and fit either one of those replacement bulkhead bars that someone was selling, or make up your own? You could then move the seat backwards to get a bit more leg room.

If you haven't got room for an autobox as well, you could try fitting a remote servo to the clutch which would make the existing system much lighter.

Remote servos were fitted to allsorts of old cars. I used one from a hillman hunter on the single circuit brakes of a 1959 seriesII Landy I had years ago. It worked very well.

Just thinking out loud,

Regards,

Diff

Teeny problem with that Diff me old fruit :o - Lesmond drives a truck cab!!! :lol:

Oops!

Forgot it was a truck cab! I suppose if Les was to build one of the home brew 'extended' truck cabs that are popular these days, he'd have to redo the roll cage too! Shame, as it would be a pity to get rid of a vehicle that has had so much work put into it. I still reckon that mods to the cab/cage/clutch would be less effort than starting from scratch. Unless of course you go and buy someone elses Rangie bobtail auto which would have more leg room.

Regards, Diff

[cringe] cripes ,sorry Les, won't happen again (least not till next time) :P [/cringe]

I've broken out a new thread on this http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=1235 & will PM Rob if he doesn't chip in to this, thanks for the referal.

I'd definitly go with the advice re the remote servo, had one on my S2a when I had it so the other half could drive it, she still couldn't double clutch anyway so took it off & sold it to a guy restoring an early Holden, but when it was on it made it so light it was no strain at all.

Cheers, steve.