Juddering in Reverse

Guest dew110CSW

Guest dew110CSW

Got an odd problem with the 110, when reversing it Judders slightly, first time it did it we played with the Hi/Lo and the Diff locks and it cured it for a while, backed no problem so we know it's not a tooth off a gear.

Did it again today, anyone got any ideas? It's the LT-77 box mated to the 2.5 TD (19J), Standard axles ect... as far as I know with 235/85 A/Ts on.

Got an odd problem with the 110, when reversing it Judders slightly, first time it did it we played with the Hi/Lo and the Diff locks and it cured it for a while, backed no problem so we know it's not a tooth off a gear.

Did it again today, anyone got any ideas? It's the LT-77 box mated to the 2.5 TD (19J), Standard axles ect... as far as I know with 235/85 A/Ts on.

does it judder once your foot is completly off the clutch? if it's just juddering as your bringing the clutch up it's probably got oil on it. poss rear main or gearbox input shaft seal or as coastcard says mountings. is your wading plug in? could have a build up of oil in the flywheel housing.

my rear main is pishing oil out and my clutch is juddering in reverse but for some reason not all the time (been like that for 2 years but i keep putting it off!)

i had a LT77 that juddered in reverse then it started to judder forwards too. turned out to be the bearing where the 1st motion shaft sits in the end of the mainshaft had died.

but you wont want to hear that so feel free to ignore this post.

Guest dew110CSW

I'll run some of these past my dad tonight (not afraid to say I know buggar all when it comes to stuff like this). Will check all options. The gearbox was a Recon unit around 15 000 Miles ago (done 131k now).