sankey gkn trailer

pinny

Guest diesel_jim

You'll need a proper NATO hitch to tow it, the DB hitch pins arn't really big enough to fit the eye of the trailer in.

You can use a camel type hitch fitting, that comes through the middle of the rear bumper, so that the height is better for towing (rather than using the NATO hitch on the standard towbar)... gives you better ground clearance too.

You'll need a proper NATO hitch to tow it, the DB hitch pins arn't really big enough to fit the eye of the trailer in.

You can use a camel type hitch fitting, that comes through the middle of the rear bumper, so that the height is better for towing (rather than using the NATO hitch on the standard towbar)... gives you better ground clearance too.

cheers for that if i cut the ring off what are the chances of a 50mm ball coupling bolting to the remaining rod that sticks out or would this make it too short for the brakes to work i presume thay work on the rod ive got an adjustable height db coupling so height shouldnt be a problem the other option is to fix a nato hitch to a adjustable coupling then i would have both removable by two pins do you think the latter sounds best cheers chris

Agree with D-J about the NATO pintle (which incidentally is made by Messrs Dixon Bate), I always had min on 360degree swivel, not because I wanted to do a flip, but was always taught that this was the thing to do.

On My Disco I have a southdown tank guard come tow adaptor and have one with a civvy 50mm ball and one with a NATO pintle so I can use either. My 90 is Ex Mob anyway so sprorts an original fit pintle.

I seem to remember that Disco owners can get a modified reqr bumper from Discoparts that will accept a NATO hitch, this is important with any motor as the towing vehicle hitch needs to be at chassis level so that the trailer rides level and not too nose down.

They are bleeding brilliant to tow, and sped the extra and get one with a rear tailgate, also replace the front standard foot for a heavy duty wheel, this makes ptting them on your motor a doddle and not a finger catching experiment.!

If you get one from Witham, say hello to Graham in the sales team, die me a good deal on kit Ive had in the past (well IMHO)

Agree with D-J about the NATO pintle (which incidentally is made by Messrs Dixon Bate), I always had min on 360degree swivel, not because I wanted to do a flip, but was always taught that this was the thing to do.

On My Disco I have a southdown tank guard come tow adaptor and have one with a civvy 50mm ball and one with a NATO pintle so I can use either. My 90 is Ex Mob anyway so sprorts an original fit pintle.

I seem to remember that Disco owners can get a modified reqr bumper from Discoparts that will accept a NATO hitch, this is important with any motor as the towing vehicle hitch needs to be at chassis level so that the trailer rides level and not too nose down.

They are bleeding brilliant to tow, and sped the extra and get one with a rear tailgate, also replace the front standard foot for a heavy duty wheel, this makes ptting them on your motor a doddle and not a finger catching experiment.!

If you get one from Witham, say hello to Graham in the sales team, die me a good deal on kit Ive had in the past (well IMHO)

cheers looking at witham sv site thay seem to have a good selection do the prices seem reasonable as i dont know the going rate chris

I just bought a Defender 90 from Witham SV and am well pleased. Threw in a Sankey as well. They have loads of Sankeys and they are in the way, room needed for loads of Bedford trucks coming in. Chris Grant was the sales guy and will accept very resonable offers to clear them. Make an offer, dont accept the stated price.

I just bought a Defender 90 from Witham SV and am well pleased. Threw in a Sankey as well. They have loads of Sankeys and they are in the way, room needed for loads of Bedford trucks coming in. Chris Grant was the sales guy and will accept very resonable offers to clear them. Make an offer, dont accept the stated price.

cheers for that probably going for a look next week