110 crew cab rear bulkhead does such a part exist ?

Raw

i am planning on doing a king cab conversion on a td5 defender 110. On the 110 crew cabs where the rear cab bolts onto the tub , i am looking for that part below it , like a DEFENDER 110 / 130 REAR BULK HEAD

post-2957-1172420041_thumb.jpg

i am planning on doing a king cab conversion on a td5 defender 110. On the 110 crew cabs where the rear cab bolts onto the tub , i am looking for that part below it , like a DEFENDER 110 / 130 REAR BULK HEAD

Raw, I'm doing a kingcab at the moment and decided the easiest / cheapest way of doing this was to get hold of a second hand 110/130 HCPU bulkhead and bastardise that. Not too difficult but it is a few hours work to do it propperly. Here's some photos of my effort:

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg (original bulkhead removed after the new one was installed)

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

FYI, one of the big problems with this conversion is making the bulkhead watertight at the base. The solution commonly used, and that I chose, is to use a peice of steel angle which is riveted to the bulkhead and bolted through the floor of the tub. Not the prettiest solution in the world but it works. Plenty of body sealant is a must too.

Cheers that is a big help , the rear cab area will need to be at least 500ml wide plus a little more just to be safe , but how do u think i can get buckets to recline for access ?

Sam

Sam, leaning over the seats will give all the access I need. Appart from the airbox, rollcage coss brace, compressor & reservoir I'll just have lunch, waterproofs and gloves etc behind the seats. The biggest advantage is that you do actually have some space to move arround unlike a truckcab which is cosy to say the least. If you do need to recline how about using the mechanism from the base of 3dr disco seats?

FYI, the roof section will cost you a fair bit (£700 +). However, I am about to make a mold of the rear section which will slot into a cut hardtop roof. The price should be less than half that of a genuine roof and will look smart. It'll be a few weeks off but if you're interested, let me know.

Sam, leaning over the seats will give all the access I need. Appart from the airbox, rollcage coss brace, compressor & reservoir I'll just have lunch, waterproofs and gloves etc behind the seats. The biggest advantage is that you do actually have some space to move arround unlike a truckcab which is cosy to say the least. If you do need to recline how about using the mechanism from the base of 3dr disco seats?

FYI, the roof section will cost you a fair bit (£700 +). However, I am about to make a mold of the rear section which will slot into a cut hardtop roof. The price should be less than half that of a genuine roof and will look smart. It'll be a few weeks off but if you're interested, let me know.

Will.....FYI, Simon the Difflock Admin dude was looking for something like that. Could be another potential customer?

Regards.

S.

May be interested in one , depends on price and size etc... ? never thort of disco seats

Sam

Well, the idea is that the new section would come out around 6" in front of the TC back pannel to give added strength for king cabs. Price is likely to be around £200 - £250 although it may be more if they proove to be a mare to make.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...