replacing disco td5 air spring

macca

is it hard to change a leaky air spring on my disco td5,as i might tackle the job my self.cheers ;)

Very easy

jack up the car as if you were changing a normal spring.

undo the air line (I think its 10mm spanner) remove the three sirclips and remove the old air bag and place the new one and refix clips and air line and let the jacks down and start the engine for it to pump spring up.

It took me 40mins last time and I didn't hhave a clue how to gert the airbag off when I started

Very easy

jack up the car as if you were changing a normal spring.

undo the air line (I think its 10mm spanner) remove the three sirclips and remove the old air bag and place the new one and refix clips and air line and let the jacks down and start the engine for it to pump spring up.

It took me 40mins last time and I didn't hhave a clue how to gert the airbag off when I started

thanks for your time,i am gona go for it.cheers

• 11 months later...
is it hard to change a leaky air spring on my disco td5,as i might tackle the job my self.cheers ;)

Hi Macca

If you by a britpart air spring (£85 from Paddocks) you have to cut off the union on the end of the existing air hose and the bare hose pushes straight into the new airspring housing. Hardest job is jacking up. I used the raise suspension button to pressurise the bag before lowering the jacks fully after completing the job.