Piggin V8s and water......and Cr^p spark...VIEWS ??

Hybrid_From_Hell

the dizzy used for v8 engines is the 35DML8 which is a standard dizzy used for 3.9's just a different cap and the coil has a plug on cap thing to the satndard coil

I saw a set of these at Bling a couple of years ago, guy wanted over 200 unwarranted, did look seriously military though. I was tempted to put the dizzy cap on my head to do a Dvros of the Daleks impression but the wife's look said it all <_< Don't make yourself look even sillier than you do already <_<

I am tempted every time I look at the DUI units, for coolness alone it's almost worth it B)

The chip fat burners are not immune to water either.

JOK3LBlackshaw9805.jpg

Hey Niall, run through there fast to push a bit more water out for us V8's - :unsure: Duh OK, cheers Kim :(

I wasn't exactly prepared I am ashamed to say :huh:

ahh thats only his fiddle brake, he's still got the gearlever, transferbox lever, pto lever, front/rear winch select lever, handbrake lever to fish around for ;)

He says the bubble in the roof his bus has enough air for a good few minutes so a mask, flippers and snorkel would just be showing off but a periscope.... hmm I'll see what he says B)

Jerzyswimming.jpg

screened caps should offer good protection from water with a little judicious silcone enhancement - or you can fit them up with HT leads and then pot them in potting compound, if you are looking for coil on cap then have a nose at the newer Suzuki GSXRs (they all had them), big dollop of silicone and wire them into a bank will see the job done. We used the same setup on a floating motorbike to ride accross a lake for a competition and that was happy as larry underwater :P

I think they are screened, water can still get in. The military did waterproofing kits for land rovers as well. Quite a lot of work to do the job properly because they do everything including the dash instruments etc.

The ignition screening could I think be made watertight with a bit of effort though. It should already help Ie splashproof/water resistant. The plugs are probably the easy bit as it all screws together and they are supposed to be good quality, although expensive from land rover.

I have two sets but at present don't use them although putting them back in is a future project.

I have Aldon ignition in the lightweight and it really does work a treat.

it had outriggers and a 40hp outboard but they way we built it meant that the bikes engine was underwater when it was in "boat" mode - it meant you could still ride it round the shore and then ride straight into the lake and re-stage a baywatch style rescue (complete with slow motion running)

mmmm slow motion.....................

I better go now

It was a bit deeper than it looks in that piccy, there is a Fiesta behind with the roof just showing, wife had her dainty feet on the dash. Climbed out and called for a tow, everybody ran away, stout fellows I thought until they appeared back without a rope or tow vehicle, but every last one of them had a camera :angry:

That Jerzy guy takes the biscuit though, the Poles are real fun nutters, wifes father was Polish.

handbrake lever to fish around for

Tell me that was unintentional please ;)

Back OT

Even after the dunking and we had bumped the water out of the cylinders the alternator and starter still worked OK, what surprised me more was no water got into the sump even with water obviously in the cylinders. I will not mention what make of engine it is here for obvious reasons.