Dodgy fuel anyone?

Turbocharger

Just heard that the AA have found traces of silcone in some of the suspect fuel. Would explain all the problems with O2 sensors...

Yeah, I heard that too - it won't do them any good at all. I wonder how it's got in, though....

Last report I heard suggested it could be from a tanker used to ship the fuel into the country !

If the tanker had not been cleaned properly, some silicon traces (Pretty sunstantial traces I guess...) could have been left in the tanker from a previous cargo and contaminate the fuel that was carried next !!

S'pose it makes sense and could be possible !

Also hearing that testing storage tanks, uderground tanks etc. may be all wrong.. Only tests to do now are on the problem cars.. The rest of the fuel is probably long gone.. The cars will be the only stock of real concentrated contaminated fuel. Most high volume petrol stations like Sainsbury, Tesco, Morrisons, Asda etc. will replenish underground tanks daily !

As I work for on an oil refinery I listened to this on the news with interest. Bear in mind that every petrol station in an area of the country will get petrol from the same supplier. I.e. If shell do not have a refinary in say soctland, then they will do a deal with the local refinary and get there petrol there, so will Tesco, etc, etc.

So if there is a bad batch of fuel then every filling stayion will have it. However if you car is effected you should be able to find out from your filling station when they got the delivery from the refinery. From there if you keen and have a lawer you should be able to get them to get the reserve samples from the batch tested in an independant lab......

I know this as customs did the refinery I work in for multi millons when we inadvertantly sold normal fuel as low sulphur (lower tax rate) for 6 months or so. When the cusoms guy's checked the reserve samples they found that some mupet in the works lab had calibrated the test gear wrong - so for 6 months we sold normal fuel as low sulpur.... then customs asked for the full tax based on it being high sulphur fuel............. bit of a f**k up.

Adrian

i hate to jump on you about this but your statement about all garages having the bad batch of fuel is not true for starters tescos morrisons asda and some others get there fuel in the south east from a company called vopak there fuel is bought in by boat from refineries in places like germany and russia the only exception to this is BP, sainsburys and shell which load out of coryton which obviously refines the fuel themselves and esso which i believe brings it in from there refinery in germany the other thing is vopak i believe bring in biofuel not refined from crude which could also be an issue just my 2p worth of course this time round the above are safe but that dont mean they always are

Frank

Tesco and Morrisons have now admitted supplying contaminated fuel (with silicone). Some of their stations are no longer supplying unleaded petrol. Vopak Depot is to blame for the contamination. If you have a claim against either Tesco or Morrisons, then you need to supply proof that you bought the fuel, and also the repair bill.

Both Tesco and Morrisons are expecting massive costs for repair and replacement for Lambda (O2) sensors, fuel system drain and flushing, possible Ecu corrections/replacement.

Also 200/300TDi transplants

Tyre/rim replacement.

Supply and placement of multi-motor winches

Bob tailing

Detailed instructions to Mr Warne on how to get his truck finished ;)

Les.

Just got back from Farnham, 3 filling stations all had the out of service boards on all pumps, managed to get some from a station with just one pump open. According to the owner the others have shut down to get the fuel checked/removed.

Also price has jumped to 97.9p/litre (unless its always 10p more in Farnham)

Radio reports that fuel prices may rise as a result of the problem (presumably to cover the compensation claims) :angry: :angry:

Tesco and Morrisons have now admitted supplying contaminated fuel (with silicone). Some of their stations are no longer supplying unleaded petrol. Vopak Depot is to blame for the contamination. If you have a claim against either Tesco or Morrisons, then you need to supply proof that you bought the fuel, and also the repair bill.

Both Tesco and Morrisons are expecting massive costs for repair and replacement for Lambda (O2) sensors, fuel system drain and flushing, possible Ecu corrections/replacement.

Also 200/300TDi transplants

Tyre/rim replacement.

Supply and placement of multi-motor winches

Bob tailing

Detailed instructions to Mr Warne on how to get his truck finished ;)

Les.

Cruel, so Cruel....

But PMSL :hysterical: ..............But I guess "Every little Helps"

Nige

Radio reports that fuel prices may rise as a result of the problem (presumably to cover the compensation claims)

Sounds about right, usual corporate tactics of screwing the costs of there own f**k-ups out of the consumer. :angry:

I dispise Tesco, they have screwed farmers far more the other supermarkets. I get the feeling, on the few occasions I have been their stores, that they want everyones business for everything, destroying all local shops, not just the food shops. Unfortunately they capitalise on our laziness.

I guess it's like when you go into a pub; you know the landlord is there for your money but you don't want it to be too conspicuous. I find Tesco none too good at disguising their averice