Series 111 wiper cable

Dark green 90

Hi All

I need a new wiper cable as i have snapped mine,

Phoned craddocks and they have never sold one,dont have a price for one and would have to order from LR

Would the cable from a series 3 fit my 90?

They have series in stock.

Yes, its all the same apart from the wheelboxes - can't believe they have never sold one for a 90.... :huh:

What's the difference in the wheelboxes? Is it just the shafts being splined rather than plain?

Thought part number was different between series 3 and 90, may just be a supercession. 90 wheelboxes have a flat on the shaft and a splined "top hat", Can't remember what the shaft on series ones are like. IIRC, the angle of sweep is set by the gear set in the motor, dunno if that is different though, you would expect it to be bearing in mind the series has the central bar across the screen. Main part of motor is the same however.

SIII shafts are round, the original blades were held in place by collets, the top-hats were sold seperately to allow splined arms to be fitted.

The diameter of the wheels in the wheelbox will also affect the angle of sweep, larger diameter, less sweep.

Is it snapped or just come undone from the motor end? I have had that happen before :unsure:

Hi, I have got one you can have, It was working when i took it out, I live nr Colchester if its of any use to you?,I work at Mendlesham during the week so can meet you some where if thats helps? Cheers Steve

Series 3 cable came and fitted it tonight (trim to length,same as defender)

after refitting motor i noticed i dont have an earth cable to the bulkhead

Where on the motor does it attach?

could this be the reason i have a 20 amp fuse instead of a 10 fitted? (10 blows straight away) :unsure:

thanks.

Series 3 cable came and fitted it tonight (trim to length,same as defender)

after refitting motor i noticed i dont have an earth cable to the bulkhead

Where on the motor does it attach?

could this be the reason i have a 20 amp fuse instead of a 10 fitted? (10 blows straight away) :unsure:

thanks.

IIRC the earth should be the black lead in the loom plug, motor must have an earth otherwise it wouldn't be working! If you want another one connect a ring terminal under 1 of the motor "can" securing screws and a wire to the bulkhead. Motor should draw about 5a under load so should be ok on 10a fuse, but if motor bearings are a bit "dry" or mechanism is tight it may be causing it to draw more current blowing the 10a fuse. Lack of, or a poor earth will reduce current draw not increase it.

Do you have a dual speed motor? If so is the high speed wire connected correctly?

As Simon says you won't draw excessive current if the earth is missing, but you could if say the high speed wire was connected to earth in error.

Do you have a dual speed motor? If so is the high speed wire connected correctly?

As Simon says you won't draw excessive current if the earth is missing, but you could if say the high speed wire was connected to earth in error.

High speed wire is green with blue stripe, normal speed is green with red sripe, park is brown green and perm +12v should be green

IIRC the earth should be the black lead in the loom plug, motor must have an earth otherwise it wouldn't be working! If you want another one connect a ring terminal under 1 of the motor "can" securing screws and a wire to the bulkhead. Motor should draw about 5a under load so should be ok on 10a fuse, but if motor bearings are a bit "dry" or mechanism is tight it may be causing it to draw more current blowing the 10a fuse. Lack of, or a poor earth will reduce current draw not increase it.

You mention mechanism may be tight

i see on the side of the motor there is a screw with a locking nut, would backing this out release it a bit?

You mention mechanism may be tight

i see on the side of the motor there is a screw with a locking nut, would backing this out release it a bit?

yes, should only be v slightly tight....remove flat cover from gear part of motor, screw should just be touching worm gear.