Heater/Air con

POSBORNE

I have a 1991 standard Discovery 1, standard, H reg, 200 tdi.

Up antil recently i had a air con (that worked!) that worked on the control settings. and according to what speed you wanted (off, 1,2, or 3) it worked. but when selecting any of the three other options on the heater selector other than air con you got nothing, unless you selected the air con fuction then you could have all the air con at what ever speed. you want. there is a small trickle of warm air comming out of the windscreen vents once the engine has warmed up but it doesn`t feed in through the vents at all. no to de missed the car it takes a long time! any solutions? could it be a matter of a fuse blown or the fan motor packed up (if so is it an easy job?)

thanks

• 1 year later...
I have a 1991 standard Discovery 1, standard, H reg, 200 tdi.

Up antil recently i had a air con (that worked!) that worked on the control settings. and according to what speed you wanted (off, 1,2, or 3) it worked. but when selecting any of the three other options on the heater selector other than air con you got nothing, unless you selected the air con fuction then you could have all the air con at what ever speed. you want. there is a small trickle of warm air comming out of the windscreen vents once the engine has warmed up but it doesn`t feed in through the vents at all. no to de missed the car it takes a long time! any solutions? could it be a matter of a fuse blown or the fan motor packed up (if so is it an easy job?)

thanks

i had bought the heater fan , never got round to fitting it , its brand new with the wiring loom and made by bosch , i also have 2x new heater matrix and 2x controll switch setts , if anyone is in need just let me know