AWDC Scorpion Racing Challlenge Trophy Round 1

najw

i hope so for our sake :(

Sorry John! it look's like i'll be digging out my best walking boot's for this event, i've run out of time and part's to get the motor ready in time!!!

so you ALL had better be on your best behaviour ;):lol::lol:

See you all on saturday/sunday....i'll be there sat pm :)

I shall put my hilter moustache one then shall I....

:D

shall take payment now - who wants to win.... whats it worth ? ?? ? ? I'll be in the blue 90 pickup with an orange rear door. :)

at least I can point and laugh at people, when they get stuck and wet :o)

Sorry John! it look's like i'll be digging out my best walking boot's for this event, i've run out of time and part's to get the motor ready in time!!!

so you ALL had better be on your best behaviour ;):lol::lol:

See you all on saturday/sunday....i'll be there sat pm :)

I'll take food in payment thank's! it'll have to be burger's as Les will have eat'n all the pie's!!! ;):lol:

Adrian

what do you need for your motor

do you want the 110lbs springs and how many

and can you fetch the jack not that it is any use for changing wheels i would need a 7 foot one to get the wheels of the ground now ;)

I would love to do the scorpion challenge, but I've seen to many pictures of motors up to there bonnet in water, anyone can dig a hole fill it with water and put a punch at the end of it, its hardly techincal. Will it be any different this year ?

Adrian

what do you need for your motor

do you want the 110lbs springs and how many

and can you fetch the jack not that it is any use for changing wheels i would need a 7 foot one to get the wheels of the ground now ;)

Time!!! i'm just so bizzy with work.....plus i would like to run it for a weekend to make sure it all works ok! John mate, i'll bring the jack over on saturday, what time you planning on getting there?

I would love to do the scorpion challenge, but I've seen to many pictures of motors up to there bonnet in water, anyone can dig a hole fill it with water and put a punch at the end of it, its hardly techincal. Will it be any different this year ?

Well out of all the punch's that we did (and i did all 8 rounds) with water up to the bonnet.....well 3 that's all!!! so your seeing a few in deep water!!! big deal!.... out of 450 plus punch's.... best you stick to green laning then!

As Adrian says you are probably only seeing a fraction of it if you rely on the published pictures. They tend to show the most extreme conditions.

We don't dig holes, we use natural terrain whether it be water, mud, rocks, sand... anything we can find

Will it be different this year? Yes and no!

The theme this year is quality not quantity :ph34r: There will only ever be 40 points to reach but they will be more technical :o

and there will still be water :D

John: Hopefully there will be catering but its not confirmed as yet

there better be, because if Adrian or Les get hungry there will be hell to pay... :D

As Adrian says you are probably only seeing a fraction of it if you rely on the published pictures. They tend to show the most extreme conditions.

We don't dig holes, we use natural terrain whether it be water, mud, rocks, sand... anything we can find

The theme this year is quality not quantity :ph34r: There will only ever be 40 points to reach but they will be more technical :o

and there will still be water :D

John: Hopefully there will be catering but its not confirmed as yet

i'll keep watching then, thanks.

really good event i had a brilliant day lost a few hours to breakages but very happy with our result well done kev. Thanks to everyone involved keep up the good work looking forward to seeing some of you at the tuff trophy

oh yeh Adrian i learnt a lot from you (smack bang bang no the other left) cheers mate see you soon

Well I enjoyed myself if only in a marshaling capacity. Great trucks and plenty of crews with a sense of humour.

Electronic punch cards seemed to work fine though several punches were not easy, more like traps with a way in but no way out on some of them (must have bee the ones Adrian put out).

Well I enjoyed myself if only in a marshaling capacity. Great trucks and plenty of crews with a sense of humour.

Electronic punch cards seemed to work fine though several punches were not easy, more like traps with a way in but no way out on some of them (must have bee the ones Adrian put out).

There was only one of mine that was not attempted, i would only put out a punch that i would be happy to have a go at! even if it scare's the plop out of me!!!.......it seemed to be the longer section's that were left alone! some team's were taking 30+ min to get through some section's......i think today's layout of punch's was the best that i had seen in the AWDC series, EVER!!!....... they were laid out to be more technical/time comsuming! this time you had to work hard to reach the punch, with the punch in a easyer'ish (mine were in a very easy spot) place at the end!

A big thank's to Neil and all the team :) but next round i'm back behind the wheel!

The CyberKeys worked flawlessly, the event finished at 4:00pm and the results were finished at 4:12pm, what more could you ask for?

The new philosophy also worked well although I would admit that things were a little too tight in places, we will review this in future.

The punches were time consuming and difficult - but not dangerous which is what we are aiming for

Thanks to Adrian Turner and Dave Herrington for helping us out of a tight spot at very short notice, it is very much appreciated.

Event results are now available

HERE

Nice to see some of the 'Top 10' coming to have a look :lol: :lol:

Big thanks to all the marshalls whose efforts meant we were off site by 5:30 despite 3km of rope and bunting to fetch in :D

Fantastic day, All the points we saw and did were very well laid out and fun to do.

Pleased with our results considering we had a "few" mechanical issues!

Great day out as always, Big thanks to Neil and his team, Can't wait for the next round.

Nev, can you put more fuel in the motor next time you tight git, fed up with the thing stalling everytime we went up hill! :D

Kev BE

The CyberKeys worked flawlessly, the event finished at 4:00pm and the results were finished at 4:12pm, what more could you ask for?

The new philosophy also worked well although I would admit that things were a little too tight in places, we will review this in future.

The punches were time consuming and difficult - but not dangerous which is what we are aiming for

Thanks to Adrian Turner and Dave Herrington for helping us out of a tight spot at very short notice, it is very much appreciated.

Event results are now available

HERE

Nice to see some of the 'Top 10' coming to have a look :lol: :lol:

Big thanks to all the marshalls whose efforts meant we were off site by 5:30 despite 3km of rope and bunting to fetch in :D

Sounds like another top event. A bit gutted to have missed it. I'm going to take the plunge and book in for the next round. (Form will be in the post tomo Neil). Better get the truck sorted.