LED Light Units

madmatt

I had the unfortunate pleasure of being on the M1 Northbound today and while driving along noticed the amount of HGV's with LED light units on them, They struck me as being much brighter and rather good. Does anyone know where you can get 12v LED Light units from. I want the whole things not replacement bulbs for my units as seen on ebay. Can anyone help??

Thanks

Matt

i'm lookinng for exactly the same thing at the moment Matt and having real problems finding a supplier in the UK- there must be some but they seem to be impossible to track down.

i have found a few sites in the US who will export though- i don't have the links on this PC but when i find them i will post them on here!

Matt, if you mean the red/amber/red hamburger type round lights they are about------------------- are you sitting down -----------------ready----------- £160 each Yes thats right for each light unit not a pair. I was going to fit a matched pair to my rallyspeclift trailer but no way at that price.

the top most light units on this link http://www.britax-pmg.com/prodguid1/2005cat2lr03/slide4.gif these are the same as most new artic trailers use 140mm diameter 29290.00 - 12v version & most probably need e07.00.12v - smart load device for the indicator section to work correctly.

Matt, if you mean the red/amber/red hamburger type round lights they are around ------------------- are you sitting down -----------------ready £160 each Yes thats right for each light unit not a pair. I was going to fit a matched pair to my rally trailer but no way at that price.

the top most light units on this link http://www.britax-pmg.com/prodguid1/2005cat2lr03/slide4.gif

Ralph, yes kind of! They were one option HGV direct do 12v version of thoser for 42 quid plus the dreaded!! Which I didn't think was rediculos. But I fancied nice long one with built in fogs and reverse lights as some of the artic trailers have! :blink::blink::blink: ....... now where's that mortgage application!! :lol:

Guest diesel_jim

Here in Swindon, the big Tesco's has the delivery vandfor your shopping and stuff, they run a merc sprinter, and it's got LED lights, the same size as the NAS lenses, identical, just LED not conventional filament bulb.

I'm either going to a) go to the Merc commercial place here and price them up, or B) order some grub on line and hide in the hedge with a screwdriver whilst the bloke is unloading!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Here in Swindon, the big Tesco's has the delivery vandfor your shopping and stuff, they run a merc sprinter, and it's got LED lights, the same size as the NAS lenses, identical, just LED not conventional filament bulb.

I'm either going to a) go to the Merc commercial place here and price them up, or B) order some grub on line and hide in the hedge with a screwdriver whilst the bloke is unloading!! :ph34r::ph34r:

a) think even from Merc dealer you'll get a shock :o

B) more your style I'd say, but can you pinch all the rear lights inside 10 mins.

B) more your style I'd say, but can you pinch all the rear lights inside 10 mins.

10mins??? He'll be bloody lucky to have that long, The van that comes here has "You shop we drop" down the side and yep they do drop flippin quickly!!! takes all of two mins to unload our shopping so he better get an electric screwdriver!!

I know LED's are going to be dear I'm just sick to death of messing about with bulbs and dodgey holders that work loose etc.

Guest diesel_jim

I'll put my running kit on, and "go for a run around town" instead of at home... day sack with screwdrivers and wire cutters.... :ph34r::ph34r:

:lol::lol:

Or just keep the NAS with filament bulbs....

Anyone recommend a decent reversing lamp?

I have the standard L/R one and it is v poor to say the least.

I don't want an array of lights on the rear though (have that on the front :) )

you talking about the 90 or the 110

I found that the one on the td5 is 100 times better than the one your 90 came with. (and my 90 ) . We changed the 90 one for the td5 when we tarted it up. And i noticed a hell of a differance.