Future of Top Gear confused

Guest MJG

All very strange!

When TG 'finished' after 6 episodes I felt that things were odd. The 'growing fuel' escapade should have been completed the following week but wasn't ... where did it go? Why did it go?

I heard that there was a perceived problem with the programme 'doing it's own thing' and that the BBC management didn't like that rebellious nature despite the populatity. The whole team (production as well as presenters) are notoriously non-pc and approach things from a different direction to the norm so get up some people's noses who are too far up their own rear ends to find the 'off' button.

My personal feeling is that the train crossing article cut a bit close to the bone and severe questions were asked in the back rooms of the BBC ... I think it'll be back but on Channel 4, 5 or, heaven forbid, $ky.

AndyG

When TG 'finished' after 6 episodes I felt that things were odd. The 'growing fuel' escapade should have been completed the following week but wasn't ... where did it go? Why did it go?

I heard that there was a perceived problem with the programme 'doing it's own thing' and that the BBC management didn't like that rebellious nature despite the populatity. The whole team (production as well as presenters) are notoriously non-pc and approach things from a different direction to the norm so get up some people's noses who are too far up their own rear ends to find the 'off' button.

My personal feeling is that the train crossing article cut a bit close to the bone and severe questions were asked in the back rooms of the BBC ... I think it'll be back but on Channel 4, 5 or, heaven forbid, $ky.

AndyG

I disagree, TG is too much of a ratings winner for the BBC. It was the Hamster's car accident that caused the ripples, so I think the Beeb will revisit how the show manages H&S but that its future is secure.