Brake pedals, servos and m/cyls

FridgeFreezer

I need a brake system for the 109, with a servo. I have a stock 109 pedal box but the servo & m/c were removed and used on another vehicle (coughJAMESMORFEEcough) so I need to source a replacement. The 109 will have discs all round. I have played with a RR servo at the lab but it doesn't fit.

So, what I need is a setup that will fit a Series/defender bulkhead (I don't mind cutting the wing a bit) and give a decent amount of assistance. If anyone has a setup for sale locally (Portsmouth) I'd be interested.

Fridge,

early defender (smaller diameter servo) will bolt straight to your bulkhead and take a defender master or late series 3 one and u'll still be able to shut the series bonnet, if u fit later defender then it has bigger diameter servo and u'll have to fit a power bulge in your bonnet to get it to shut

Tonk is in the lead currently 'cos he's closest :lol: assuming he finds the bits in his spotlessly tidy garage :ph34r: since the setup is a bit of an unknown I will run with whatever arrives first for the MOT and if it's horrible I'll re-visit as time/money allows.

Yep - we're both running early 110 servo and pedal box with the series master cylinder. Series one works well enough, but doenst offer enough servo assistance - you still need both feet on the pedal to get it to stop! 110 one makes a world of difference, but as mark says - dont get a late one cos the bonnet then doesnt close! (guess how I know!)

Jon

This is a very interesting thread as I am looking for a low profile servo (ie fits under bonnet) for my series hybred, I have RRC twin pipe 4 pot calipers on the front, will early Def work for this? If so is there a spare set left on this thread after Fridge and how much?

Cheers, :D